Idiot shooters

Naiche

Lil-Rokslider
Some doofus set up long range steel gongs next to a road on state land. There is no back stop and a bunch of roads behind the targets where people go to hunt. People like this cause places to be closed

Our shooting range is across the road from a recreation area. My boss was on a trail on the rec area and came around a bend and there was a target just off the trail and a guy a ways off shooting at it. The range is across the road. Talk about an idiot.

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
I'm thankful for having a private gravel pit to shoot at. That's only usable by 10-12 other guys.

The world is full of far too many "adults" who don't think at all or consider other people. Unfortunately it is not limited by group to any one particular metric I've been able to discern.

Weldor

WKR
Some doofus set up long range steel gongs next to a road on state land. There is no back stop and a bunch of roads behind the targets where people go to hunt. People like this cause places to be closed
Not to mention it is illegal to target shoot on state land in AZ.

Beendare

WKR
I went to bowhunting back in the early 80’s because of idiots with a rifle. We were running hogs with dogs and ran into rifle hunters in the thick manzanita areas telling us they hadn’t seen anything but, “ we got off a couple goodsound shots”. WTF?
Ca had guys in sandals with rifles ( shades of Vietnam?) walking the roads in deer season and shooting like crazy at mid day from mountain to mountain- crazy more folks aren’t shot.

Choupique

WKR
Most people just weren't taught anything, or were too dumb to listen.

The average person is an idiot, and half the population is dumber than that.

I had to stop gun hunting a property because of the reckless neighbors. If 1 deer came out in the field every guy unloaded at them. Luckily it forced me to learn to bow hunt.

IDVortex

WKR
I know its popular to hate on these people but I would consider having a conversation with them before you judge them too harshly.
SorryI judge and condemn folks. It makes me feel better about myself and I can justify my faults in not being that bad so I'm actually a good person.

180ls1

WKR
SorryI judge and condemn folks. It makes me feel better about myself and I can justify my faults in not being that bad so I'm actually a good person.

Lol, probably the same reason I like watching COPS.

I guess my point is hunters get hammered enough from people that don't understand what we do. Without knowing who the guy is its probably worth trying to make a positive impression on him.

At the insistence of some locals (yokels?), the Gov't allowed a shooting range to be constructed on the LBJ Nat'l Grasslands near Decatur, TX.
Not sure who set up what, but just behind the targets, there is a horseback trail! :-(
Being THAT close to the DFW metromess, idiot riders and idiot shooters have somehow managed to avoid disaster! .....so far!