Ideas for staying awake while driving solo

feanor

WKR
I need everybody’s special hacks for staying awake while driving at night. I’m leaving at 7pm and driving through the night for 10 hours.
So far sunflower seeds are my go to.

Use nicotine and caffeine sparingly. If you load up too early, you will crash hard lol.

Switch up podcasts and music.

Also, if you get really tired, just pull over. I have done 24 hour drives and it gets pretty damn dangerous... plus you end up smoked by the time you get where your going anyway.

Oh! Try to get good rest and eat good the week before. I never actually do that but I bet it helps.

We drive overnight to the mountains several times a year, 12-21 hours. Anything to get in one extra glassing session.

Tod osier

WKR
I need everybody’s special hacks for staying awake while driving at night. I’m leaving at 7pm and driving through the night for 10 hours.
So far sunflower seeds are my go to.

Man, I try not to drive like that anymore. I nodded off plenty of times when younger - did it once with the fam in the truck and a trailer in tow and I changed my priorities. Not to say that you shouldn't do it, but I avoid dark driving as much as possible and do not tolerate any signs of nodding off. Mind and body active works for me.

Music loud, windows rolled down and caffeine. Those were my younger days, now I just plan on stopping to rest if I’m that tired. Having deer stop in the middle of a highway wakes me up pretty quick

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Pull over and take a quick nap when you get to nodding.
Don’t pull into gas stations, go the other way to nap on a field drive instead. Loud music, sip a bang energy every fifteen minutes. Probably take a nap in the next couple hours

Sun flower seeds are my go to. I also mix in sour patch kids on occasion. When I feel tired, I usually stop, get out and pee on the side of the road. Wakes me right up.