Idaho points?

Tsarbomba

Lil-Rokslider
I though Idaho offers preference points, but when I looked into it, I’m thinking they don’t. Can someone explain out of state resident elk hunting works there?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You buy a license and go. The best units sell out in minutes but that was awhile ago

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Tsarbomba

Tsarbomba

Lil-Rokslider
I see the tags (mu’s) but dont see option for actual license.

87TT

WKR
You need a license, Dep fee, tag, And if archery an archery cert or if ML an ML cert, As well as hunter safety cert.

You buy a license and go. The best units sell out in minutes but that was awhile ago

It is totally untrue to say flatly that the best units sell out quickly. Do you realize that Idaho areas are given caps mostly because they’re below objective?

sneaky

"DADDY"
It is totally untrue to say flatly that the best units sell out quickly. Do you realize that Idaho areas are given caps mostly because they’re below objective?
Well, except for Diamond Creek, it's only below objectives for cows.... yet they still sell hundreds of cow tags. Management.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guess it depends on your definition of "BEST" however the most notable units do sell out quickly

Guess it depends on your definition of "BEST" however the most notable units do sell out quickly

Most notable units? Probably to some outsiders reading GoHunt or whatever.

The highest hunter numbers and most popular/notable units don’t have caps that sell out quickly. The units with the most elk don’t have caps that sell out quickly.

See the attachment with the units with the highest hunter numbers. I listed rifle but it’s the same with archery.

Attachments

• F88E5BD7-D351-44BB-9581-4FD7EF57041A.png
    F88E5BD7-D351-44BB-9581-4FD7EF57041A.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 129

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

The highest hunter numbers and most popular/notable units don’t have caps that sell out quickly. The units with the most elk don’t have caps that sell out quickly.

See the attachment with the units with the highest hunter numbers. I listed rifle but it’s the same with archery.
Damn unit 6 has 20% success rate. Thanks

sneaky

"DADDY"

Post up archery numbers and I'm sure Pioneer and Tex Creek will be on there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure anyone directly answered your question. Idaho offers two options; controlled hunts and general hunts.

The general hunts are available first come first serve over the counter. Some units have quotas and some do not (but there is a maximum number of out of state tags sold).

The controlled hunts are available through a draw system, but it’s not point based. Every applicant has equal chance of drawing.

See attached for a graphical view of the Idaho archery units. PM me if you would like access to the interactive version (or other weapons or other states).

Attachments

• 4CE8A4A6-D8B0-4864-BBFD-FB5B9D3FE3C9.jpeg
    4CE8A4A6-D8B0-4864-BBFD-FB5B9D3FE3C9.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 6F1E1E96-B848-43A0-8792-A25C35BBEDAE.jpeg
    6F1E1E96-B848-43A0-8792-A25C35BBEDAE.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Che

GregB

WKR
Not sure anyone directly answered your question. Idaho offers two options; controlled hunts and general hunts.

The general hunts are available first come first serve over the counter. Some units have quotas and some do not (but there is a maximum number of out of state tags sold).

The controlled hunts are available through a draw system, but it’s not point based. Every applicant has equal chance of drawing.

See attached for a graphical view of the Idaho archery units. PM me if you would like access to the interactive version (or other weapons or other states).
Is there a post you have made where you were not trying to sell someone on your graphics and website.

My apologies if my posts are coming off that way. I've attempted to be considerate in posting direct replies to people's questions, including graphs that I think people will find useful in the context of their questions. I've also not linked to or mentioned the name of my site.

You've been here longer than I have - is this crossing the line?

Reactions: Che