Idaho NR Elk Tags are SOLD OUT as of 6/17/20

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, they sold almost 3k tags in less than a week after they sent out the email about tags selling quicker. Panic rush wiped them out. Nuts. They'll be a million people trying to buy returned tags over the rest of the summer. Curious to see how everything changes when prices go up next year and zone caps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Glad I bought mine last week. Was originally planning on waiting for draw results before deciding on a zone but glad my buddy texted me and pulled the trigger. Not looking for anyone's honey hole...but haha

Ucsdryder

WKR
I wonder if it’s still all the covid people out of work or if the western dream has gotten that bad.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think it's some of the former, and a bunch of "I'll be damned if I pay those prices next year and not even be able to get my zone". Stimulus checks went to IDFG looks like

Beendare

WKR
Wow,
I told my buddy last year this would happen...but then Covid hit and all bets were off.

Everybody wants to hunt elk....and it's getting worse every year.

A tip for Roksliders; I think the unsold Guide tags hit the market August 1st...if history is any indication. A guy without a tag should be primed and ready.....

______

sneaky

"DADDY"
I had told my cousin and his 15yr old son to wait til tomorrow when I know my Wyoming deer results before he got his tags. Yeah, I look like the jerk today lol. They've never been west of the Mississippi. I told him he can still get deer tags, well, at least of this writing he can.

weaver

WKR
Crazy how much more demand there is for elk tags since I stared elk hunting in 2012.
Bought mine Monday and it showed 2100 still available but hadn't been updated in a while. Didn't realize how close I was cutting it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
For those that are old enough remember 25 years ago how easy it was to get tags- anywhere? 25 years from now we’ll be looking back at now as the easy time! If you don’t live in a state that has elk, and you want to hunt elk, you had better be putting together a strategy in multiple states to get yourself tags. If the demand keeps up, and it appears to go up every year, states will do whatever they can to cash in on the demand with draws for everything as well as point systems for extra cash. Count on it

bignocks

FNG
like 4 years ago I bought one at walmart in the middle of september. Hard to imagine they say hunting numbers are down. Im guessing these podcasts which I enjoy are part of the cause of the big elk hunting swing. Sucks as I waited too long and missed out.

I had the tag in my cart for one reason or another 3 times over the last week. Indecision led to me not getting it for one reason or another. Always told myself I'd get it tomorrow. Now need to hit the restart button on the countless hours of research and e-scouting. When I got the message today that they sold out I wanted to cry.