Idaho Nonres Tag Sales/ Coronavirus Decrease?..

Gotta spend the "stimulus money" on something...

My guess is that people are thinking next year's increase will keep them away so better get in a hunt this year.

If I wasn’t buying a house, already had scheduled family obligations, and had a dependable hunting partner I would be going. Ain’t no Corona in the great outdoors! Oh well maybe 2021, it’s still on the horizon, just a little further out now.

******* blows
This year might be one of the worst hunting seasons in a while the amount of people in the woods is insane. Gonna put a huge strain on resources and can’t wait to see how much trash is left around

Such bullshit, something’s gonna have to give in Idaho to quit being everyone’s cheap fall back state

******* blows
This year might be one of the worst hunting seasons in a while the amount of people in the woods is insane. Gonna put a huge strain on resources and can’t wait to see how much trash is left around

Such bullshit, something’s gonna have to give in Idaho to quit being everyone’s cheap fall back state
Jeez get off the bridge dude.
Its the same amount of NR tags as last year. They are just selling quicker.
If you think its going to be so terrible: don't go.

I bought an A tag last week and there were still tags available in most of the zones. Plenty of B tags available as well.

FYI, yes it’s the same amount of NR tags total, but they did not sell out previously until after they went on sale to residents. I do not know the stats, as I’m not sure they are published as to how many NR tags were second tags sold to residents. I would guess it was around 10 percent which means if they sell out before the residents can buy them there will be 10 % more NR in the state hunting this fall.

FYI, yes it’s the same amount of NR tags total, but they did not sell out previously until after they went on sale to residents. I do not know the stats, as I’m not sure they are published as to how many NR tags were second tags sold to residents. I would guess it was around 10 percent which means if they sell out before the residents can buy them there will be 10 % more NR in the state hunting this fall.
FYI there were some OTC capped units that had NR quotas cut this year. Its more likely those people jumped into a general OTC tag.
I doubt very highly its 10%. Residents only had 15 days to buy a general NR tag last year. But there is no way to know for sure.

Jeez get off the bridge dude.
Its the same amount of NR tags as last year. They are just selling quicker.
If you think its going to be so terrible: don't go.
This is what I was alluding to, I’d venture to guess it was more than 10%

But how bout you fix whatever state your in so you don’t have to come here

This is what I was alluding to, I’d venture to guess it was more than 10%

But how bout you fix whatever state your in so you don’t have to come here
BS. You weren't referring to anything. You are just POed and just wanted to vent.
Let me guess you wanted a second tag and you aren't going to get one right?
Idaho sold something to the order of 224,000 deer and elk tags to residents.
They sold 39000 non resident tags.
Yet somehow NR are the reason for increases in hunter pressure. Right.
Like I said: If its so terrible. Don't go.

Brother and his buddy are up scouting this weekend they are residents . Bought my tag three weeks ago. Can’t wait for fall to get here. Going to be busy year. Deer ,antelope, birds with the new puppy all at home and then a week out there.

BS. You weren't referring to anything. You are just POed and just wanted to vent.
Let me guess you wanted a second tag and you aren't going to get one right?
Idaho sold something to the order of 224,000 deer and elk tags to residents.
They sold 39000 non resident tags.
Yet somehow NR are the reason for increases in hunter pressure. Right.
Like I said: If its so terrible. Don't go.
That’s 39,000 tags that didn’t go to its states Residents, your goddamn right I’m pissed off I should have access to a 2nd tag because I live here they are the RESIDENTs resources.

I spent 10 times the amount to hunt caribou in AK vs what a NON res can hunt elk here for, Besides CO and ID look at how difficult it is and how much more the expense is to hunt elk as a NR. Our state needs to get on par with everyone else that’s my biggest complaint

That’s 39,000 tags that didn’t go to its states Residents, your goddamn right I’m pissed off I should have access to a 2nd tag because I live here they are the RESIDENTs resources.

I spent 10 times the amount to hunt caribou in AK vs what a NON res can hunt elk here for, Besides CO and ID look at how difficult it is and how much more the expense is to hunt elk as a NR. Our state needs to get on par with everyone else that’s my biggest complaint
Idaho just passed increasing NR tag prices for next year.
NR Alaska Caribou tag: $650
NR Idaho Elk tag starting in '21: 651.75

You don't get to have it both ways. You can't hunt out of state and then complain about people coming to hunt yours and expect it to hold any water regardless of what the cost was. Especially when the difference in said cost was the logistics of the trip.

I would agree with you if we were talking about residents not being able to get a single tag. But you are talking about a SECOND tag!
And the fact you would shut people out completely because you aren't getting a second tag reeks of entitlement. Good grief....

I'm in favor of eliminating the 2nd tag across the board, deer and elk. We all complain about low animal numbers and winter kill, me included. Skilled, experienced, well equipped hunters with 2 tags is just making matters worse, R and NR respectively.
I agree with this, especially after a couple of hard winters in previous years.

Back