Idaho NR Draw Bill… thoughts?

Seems they want to be in it as much as possible now. I’ll admit I was wrong about when they passed the bill legalizing lighted nocks. Seemed great at the time and I really thought they’d only use legalization on small no brainer things like that but it’s definitely gotten much worse.
They have definitely gotten bold and taken their liberties with IFG. It probably won't get any better. Gov Little (not a huge fan) is probably the only thing keeping these new legislators at bay. If a new Governor is elected out of that bunch that is running the Idaho GOP right now, look out.

They have definitely gotten bold and taken their liberties with IFG. It probably won't get any better. Gov Little (not a huge fan) is probably the only thing keeping these new legislators at bay. If a new Governor is elected out of that bunch that is running the Idaho GOP right now, look out.
We’re headed in montanas direction for sure.

87TT

WKR
I only predict one thing with this, the NR will not be happy with the results. And it is a worry about our future.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Seems they want to be in it as much as possible now. I’ll admit I was wrong about when they passed the bill legalizing lighted nocks. Seemed great at the time and I really thought they’d only use legalization on small no brainer things like that but it’s definitely gotten much worse.
They want to be in it now because they see how much money they can make; politicians line their pockets with OUR money not only at the corrupt national level but at the corrupt state and local level as well. Leeches, almost every one of them.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
+1. Does the current system suck? Yup. Should the legislature be involved in being granted the authorization to conduct a draw? (Or any other wildlife management decision) NO!

Draw system should originate in G&F. If G&F currently does not have authority, have legislature grant it to them.

I can GUARANTEE the language in this bill was deliberately written vaguely and wide open. (IE The legislature will figure out the "details" later) If this happens, you can bet the bank every special interest group will be lobbying legislators for carve outs. (Fill in the blank) What seems straight forward initially will be mucked up in conference committee and what eventually passes will only have glimpses of original language.

Once reconciled in conference committee and signed by gov, we read the details, and people will be standing around and wondering "What just happened?"

+12 on NO POINTS. (Preference or Bonus) Straight random draw.
I stand by my original thoughts. The legislature will take a simple recipe and overcomplicate it to appease special interest groups and the carveouts they desire.