Idaho NR Draw Bill… thoughts?

What else are you referring to?

I know what he is referencing but I am not posting it here. Let’s just say an online system that doesn’t give you a random number AFTER you log into your Idaho account makes it possible to have many spots in line assigned to you.

If they could figure out the tech to put you in the waiting room after you sign it that would clear things up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OTC with a BUNCH of fraud. If you are in the know you can buy your place in line. A draw isn’t perfect but it would make it more equitable.

Fraud? Holy drama. If you all hate the process so much then just don’t buy a tag. The way it is right now you can get a tag no matter what if you’re buying on the 1st. There was still tags at 1 PM this year for deer and elk. One of the elk tags was my favorite zone. If it’s a draw in Idaho I bet they stick to the format of only 2 choices.

Fraud? Holy drama. If you all hate the process so much then just don’t buy a tag. The way it is right now you can get a tag no matter what if you’re buying on the 1st. There was still tags at 1 PM this year for deer and elk. One of the elk tags was my favorite zone. If it’s a draw in Idaho I bet they stick to the format of only 2 choices.

You don’t have to agree but when vendors have a preferred list that people are buying into and that vendor is then proxy buying on the 1st before they conduct any other person sales then yes I will call that fraud. It isn’t equitable and I don’t like the trend where the person with the most funds gets to buy their tag.

I would be okay with this “OTC” system if they 1. Eliminate proxy purchase. Make it required to be there in person with your ID. Allow to buy for spouse and kids only 2. Make it required to login into your account first so that everyone only gets 1 spot in line when trying to buy online. And 3. Hold the sale in April so that everyone isn’t in a full panic to get left out. The December 1st date has created a lot of FOMO. Support is the amount of turned back tags.

You don’t have to agree but when vendors have a preferred list that people are buying into and that vendor is then proxy buying on the 1st before they conduct any other person sales then yes I will call that fraud. It isn’t equitable and I don’t like the trend where the person with the most funds gets to buy their tag.

I would be okay with this “OTC” system if they 1. Eliminate proxy purchase. Make it required to be there in person with your ID. Allow to buy for spouse and kids only 2. Make it required to login into your account first so that everyone only gets 1 spot in line when trying to buy online. And 3. Hold the sale in April so that everyone isn’t in a full panic to get left out. The December 1st date has created a lot of FOMO. Support is the amount of turned back tags.

This is the first I’ve ever heard of vendors having a list you can buy into. Where’s your proof of that conspiracy theorie?

This is the first I’ve ever heard of vendors having a list you can buy into. Where’s your proof of that conspiracy theorie?
Everything is a conspiracy theory at its inception, just like the IDFG commissioners and their cronies drawing OIL/super premium tags regularly when they were running the draw. Oddly enough, once the drawing was handed off to a third party the shenanigans came to a screeching halt.

180ls1

WKR
I know what he is referencing but I am not posting it here. Let’s just say an online system that doesn’t give you a random number AFTER you log into your Idaho account makes it possible to have many spots in line assigned to you.

If they could figure out the tech to put you in the waiting room after you sign it that would clear things up a bit.

Interesting. Respectfully, I think you should reconsider that position. If we air out these issues and get enough people upset we can push for a draw or a more fair system.

I'll draft them a letter.

87TT

WKR
And the second choice doesn't count.

I have heard directly from people who have participated. I will leave it at that.

If people want that system to stay I will learn to play it and pay the money. Most won’t get the chance though.

When free markets discover there is economic profit to be made businesses enter and profit.

Hunthigh1

WKR
I like the current system and all of my NR friends have ALWAYS managed to get a tag. This is in part due to the fact that we read the regs and understand the system and how to use it efficiently. Unbelievable how many of you are advocating for a draw system. Wishing your way right out of OTC tags. Be careful what you wish for!

I like the current system and all of my NR friends have ALWAYS managed to get a tag. This is in part due to the fact that we read the regs and understand the system and how to use it efficiently. Unbelievable how many of you are advocating for a draw system. Wishing your way right out of OTC tags. Be careful what you wish for!
Exactly. I have 8-15 friends who’ve gotten a tag every year since 2020. Not once has anyone not been able to get a tag.

This is spot on. Some vendors won't even open that day because they are purchasing and selling tags to all of their "preferred" clients and not selling to the general public.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
This is spot on. Some vendors won't even open that day because they are purchasing and selling tags to all of their "preferred" clients and not selling to the general public.
Turn them in; pretty sure the vendor contracts require them to be open to all customers