Idaho Man Sentenced in Bighorn Deadhead Case

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty heavy on the judgement side ther @TaperPin. Might have done it. Might not. I dont know. Guilty until proven innocent isnt appealing to me, and is what produces a lot of the crap we complain about with current societal norms.

I would agree if his family/dad wanted to set him straight, that is different. But being legally held to account for something is a different standard. Unless you are a political target.... then its ok

TaperPin

WKR
Pretty heavy on the judgement side ther @TaperPin. Might have done it. Might not. I dont know. Guilty until proven innocent isnt appealing to me, and is what produces a lot of the crap we complain about with current societal norms.

I would agree if his family/dad wanted to set him straight, that is different. But being legally held to account for something is a different standard. Unless you are a political target.... then its ok
He is also guilty of federal laws illegally transporting it across state lines, so he got off easy, unless he’s headed to federal court next. He knew what he was doing was wrong or he wouldn’t have had to lie about it.

S-3 ranch

WKR
Hammer his ass , set a example to the jet boat poachers who shoot sheep and elk , deer then come back and pick up the dead heads later
its against the law to harvest road kill around here in sisterdale tx

OP
A

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
Hammer his ass , set a example to the jet boat poachers who shoot sheep and elk , deer then come back and pick up the dead heads later
its against the law to harvest road kill around here in sisterdale tx
Good for you guys on the road kill law in Texas. Not sure how that applies to anything here.

I sure don't read anything in the article about him killing the ram, sure seems to me, from reading the article, that he picked up a roadkill ram. Maybe there are details missing, but I guess I'm not going to jump to conclusions about what may or may not have killed the ram when there is 0% evidence stating that.

I pick up a couple roadkill deer in Montana a year, and get the free permit to salvage them. I would not pickup a roadkill ram, as the law states you can't, that being said, I think it is a stupid law, considering you can legally pick them up if you find one in the mountains.

I am not saying he shouldn't be getting in trouble, he obviously knew he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, just saying the fines seem pretty damn steep for picking up a roadkill head. Like others have said, most poachers, actually killing animals, get away with much, much less.

This guy should have gotten Muley Freak's lawyer... Or maybe Montana just has some teeth, too bad Muley Freak's poaching convictions were in UT and ID cause he got off lighter than this dude both times he was convicted of poaching. I'd think poaching a live animal would deserve more penalty than falsifying a deadhead report even if it was across state lines.
You forgot Colorado lol

Yes for trespassing. Trespassed once and the landowner gave him a warning and he came back and did it again.
Can you imagine trespassing on somebody's property and being told personally not to trespass, and coming back and doing it again? I can't for the life of me envision a situation where a normal person would do somethng like that. It scares the living bejesus out of me to accidentally cross a property line or have an outdated map or something, the thought of coming back after you're told you're trespassing is just mind boggling to me. The audacity is off the charts.

The guy made false statements and falsified documents to try and possess the head he couldn’t legally have. Sheep heads are worth a ton of money, he’s essentially laundering contraband here.

I have no problem with the sentence he received. Just because some people get an asinine and ridiculously low sentence for committing a wildlife violation does not in my mind justify letting everyone else off with the same. Raise the bar up instead of lowering it down.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Can you imagine trespassing on somebody's property and being told personally not to trespass, and coming back and doing it again? I can't for the life of me envision a situation where a normal person would do somethng like that. It scares the living bejesus out of me to accidentally cross a property line or have an outdated map or something, the thought of coming back after you're told you're trespassing is just mind boggling to me. The audacity is off the charts.
Can you imagine doing it repeatedly, broad casting yourself as a hunting media entity AND then not being shunned completely by the industry after showing a pattern of lawlessness in your hunting? Its baffling after multiple CONVICTIONS (not allegations, can't say facts are still coming out, etc. actually being convicted) that anyone carries his brand.