Idaho draw results 2023

I can tell you for a fact when I drew unit 41, 2 years ago, I tested it.

I typed in a random controlled hunt for antlered deer and when you type the hunt number in it literally won't let you do it. It doesn't even tell you why, just something like "Please enter a valid hunt number" or something similar.

I knew of course, but I wanted to make sure it would only allow me to put In for stuff I was eligible for.

TLDR: The computer definitely knows, so why the hell even have a computerized draw if you still need to manually check after.

Shit they probably just screw stuff up .
I asked this exact question of the person within IDFG and they said “the computer does check, and we just manually double check.”

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I asked this exact question of the person within IDFG and they said “the computer does check, and we just manually double check.”
seems about right for IDFG. Second chance results are able to come out in 5 days because there are no ineligible entries

Last edited:
It's been a while since I have forgotten to turn in a harvest report but in the past, it wouldn't let you proceed with purchasing a new license or tag if you hadn't submitted one. This was prior to the new vendor, so I don't know if that is still the case.

In speaking with a bio a couple years ago he said that all of their harvest statistics are estimates based on the roughly 25% of people who do harvest reports. He said the legislature forced IDFG to do away with mandatory harvest reports back around 2010(too many people complained when they couldn’t buy a tag the following year). Considering the number of people on the Facebook group(take this with a grain of salt, I deleted Facebook in January of 2021) “208 hunters” who would always flat out admit they lie about where they hunt and whether they are successful I can pretty safely assume IDFG actually has no real idea of what the harvest statistics truly are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In speaking with a bio a couple years ago he said that all of their harvest statistics are estimates based on the roughly 25% of people who do harvest reports. He said the legislature forced IDFG to do away with mandatory harvest reports back around 2010(too many people complained when they couldn’t buy a tag the following year). Considering the number of people on the Facebook group(take this with a grain of salt, I deleted Facebook in January of 2021) “208 hunters” who would always flat out admit they lie about where they hunt and whether they are successful I can pretty safely assume IDFG actually has no real idea of what the harvest statistics truly are.

I’d gladly be honest if they didn’t make all of it public info. Seems like it’d be a lot more beneficial to biologists and game management if they kept that information private so that people felt like being honest. No one wants to share that information and put a positive outlook on their unit that’s going to attract everyone too it.

Idaboy

WKR

Really? It'd been a few years, but once I didn't do it snd had to fill it out before I could buy my tag online, but I can't recall if that was before or after 2010....

the website says this

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpeg
    IMG_2500.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 21

All those hunters lying on their harvest reports, skewing data that affects management decisions, and then complaining about IDFG management.
I can never convince other hunters that they are only hurting themselves by lying on the harvest reports. They are always so certain that they are outsmarting the IDFG.

johnsd16

WKR
My guess is Thursday or Friday this week. I'm trying to plan my august trips, when to go to WY for cow elk and a 15th anniv trip with the wife and it all depends on what my 11yo does or doesn't draw!

All those hunters lying on their harvest reports, skewing data that affects management decisions, and then complaining about IDFG management.
I can never convince other hunters that they are only hurting themselves by lying on the harvest reports. They are always so certain that they are outsmarting the IDFG.
IDFG should keep those reports private but instead use them as advertising. If they kept it private more people would gladly share for management purposes.

That's crazy. And totally believable.

Same...deleted Facebook 2 years ago.

Our private harvest statics have nothing to do with “government transparency”

I simply don’t want my private info of where I hunted and what I harvested being shared so people can use it to pick units.
You can look up specific people and where they hunted and what they harvested? I must've missed that part in the thread.