Idaho draw results 2023

Someone should start a new thread with only the first person to see the results. Then link it here.

Then I'll turn on push notifications on that one lol

Someone should start a new thread with only the first person to see the results. Then link it here.

Then I'll turn on push notifications on that one lol
You can bet that there will be a new post when they are out! Possibly one in every category: Elk, Deer , Speed Goat and Bear!:ROFLMAO:

I’d gladly be honest if they didn’t make all of it public info. Seems like it’d be a lot more beneficial to biologists and game management if they kept that information private so that people felt like being honest. No one wants to share that information and put a positive outlook on their unit that’s going to attract everyone too it.

So you don’t want them to publish harvest statistics? Literally every state publishes some sort of harvest statistics, and those statistics are there to show trends so they can identify areas that may need better management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? It'd been a few years, but once I didn't do it snd had to fill it out before I could buy my tag online, but I can't recall if that was before or after 2010....

the website says this

I had the same thing happen my first year here, forgot to fill out my harvest reports and couldn’t buy tags, that was in 2007, the bio I spoke with said that at some point shortly after the legislature took their option to require Hunter reporting away. It certainly says it is mandatory but it definitely isn’t anymore.

So you don’t want them to publish harvest statistics? Literally every state publishes some sort of harvest statistics, and those statistics are there to show trends so they can identify areas that may need better management.

I don’t want them to publish harvest statistics so that they’re actually usable. I’m well aware what they’re supposed to be for but in the current way it’s approached they’re unusable.

Gobbler36

WKR
No

I’ve been at a meeting where a group was upset that they didn’t think IDFG had enough info to make management and season setting decisions while the members of the group were also openly sharing that they constantly lie on their harvest reports
Well I can understand people lying on harvest reports when IDFG has booths in other neighboring states with biologists telling people specific areas of a mountain saying we have a surplus of deer. I don’t agree with lying on those reports and I don’t but this sort of behavior doesn’t build trust with people

I don’t know what I check more—my IDFG app, or this thread every time there’s a new comment that isn’t 2023 results related.

Well I can understand people lying on harvest reports when IDFG has booths in other neighboring states with biologists telling people specific areas of a mountain saying we have a surplus of deer. I don’t agree with lying on those reports and I don’t but this sort of behavior doesn’t build trust with people
Exactly

Mojave

WKR
Somebody said to download the app download the app and I can’t sleep. It’s not tonight.

rclouse79

WKR
Somebody said to download the app download the app and I can’t sleep. It’s not tonight.
A lot of this thread has been off topic, but I have waded through most of it. I am pretty happy I came across your post about the app. I just downloaded it and it is pretty sweet!

rclouse79

WKR
Biggest 2 benefits I see are being able to put everyone you apply for on the app and you don’t have to log in every time you check. Makes it a lot easier to constantly check 4 accounts all day 🤣
For sure! I put my wife, mom, and mother-in-law in for hunts so they can sign tags over to my son. Having so many chances makes draw day feel more like Christmas as a kid after your parents got a big promotion vs being laid off.

Biggest 2 benefits I see are being able to put everyone you apply for on the app and you don’t have to log in every time you check. Makes it a lot easier to constantly check 4 accounts all day 🤣
So I have and use the app but I have absolutely not seen where you can check the applications for controlled hunts on there.

Am I really that dumb? I can only see that set of stuff when I log in to the mobile website. Help me people help me! I have 4 of us to check as well.