I need help

willtim

WKR
I really screwed up 20 rounds. I need to pull bullets, dump powder, and de-cap unfired primers. Who makes the best bullet puller and how do I de-cap unfired primers? Thanks for all of the advice.

I don’t know about best, but I have used the kinetic bullet pullers in the last. They work but it would take a while to do a box…

For the primers I have just “shot” them in my rifle after the bullet and powder were removed.

I like the rcbs collet puller that screws in the press for uncrimped hunting rounds, set up correctly it doesn’t mark up bullets. Either a decapping die or just run it back in your sizing die and pop the primer out.

Don't waste your time with the hammer pullers , these work ten times as fast .

Last edited:
LOL even now 20 primers is like $2.

I like the collet pullers way better than the kinetic ones.

I have used both the RCBS collet and kinetic bullet pullers, they both have there place. Sometimes the collet will leave marks on bullets. I agree with not wasting the primers, just remove the decamping pin from the die before resizing the brass

LOL even now 20 primers is like $2.

I like the collet pullers way better than the kinetic ones.

I dont pull many bullets because I am almost perfect, however the Eld style bullets and collet pullers have given me a fight..almost need the hammer to work them out a tad

Kinetic puller all the way. If you're worried about the cost of primers, the time involved in this isn't an issue. Collet pullers can/will leave marks as has been said.

Put a small piece of foam in the end to cushion the bullet as it comes out and the tips should stay in good shape.

Use one enough, and you'll develop a feel for the bullet coming out. As it starts to come out, lighten up the tapping as the bullet pops free.

Effective is as effective does. 20 rounds is a very small number to be splitting hairs about. Do a kinetic, spend the time and you're good.

I just use a kinetic puller with foam at the end, and a Lee universal decapper. I collect the unfired primers and use them again. No issues with either the primers or bullets.

I bought a bullet puller, but for a long time a simple pair of vice grips in place of a reloading die will easily pull bullets with the press. I never trusted pulled bullets and just tossed them anyway.

Live primers are easily deprimed the normal way.

RCBS collet puller. Doesn’t mark up the bullets, and is quiet ( no banging on a hard surface making a racket!)

Back