I don’t like my bow

rugerhoyt

Lil-Rokslider
Got sick of this myself. Nothing like YouTube and a small investment in some gear to make sure myself and others in my circle are taken care of. Isn’t much that scares me anymore. Don’t even buy from the shop anymore just order what I want right to the house and setup myself.

i like the fully loaded bows with premium accessories. guys buy them as a package and are just looking to cut their losses. @Jethro some can slip through the cracks on ebay. your very protected as a buyer on there vs AT. As long as there is clear pics of limbs and cams with no damage you are gtg. I parted them out and by the time was all said and done had bare bows for a couple hundred bucks that was going for 6-700 on archery talk.

luckily i had someone locally that mentored me with tuning but now with a synunm press I'm very capable for most things that need to be done when setting up a bow.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I told Jethro off line. I had bought a 2022 RX7 Ultra on ebay right before I bought the Levitate. That bow came with rest, stabilizers and quiver. I lowballed the auction at $650 and got it- well over $2k for all that brand new.

FFWd the guy sends it and its not the Ultra but the shorter RX. The buyer told me no returns but Ebay put the hammer down on him….and he sent a shipping label plus 8 got a full refund.

I would have confidence Ebay has your back…but check whatever you buy from there as some of the sellers are shakey.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
This post really boost my confidence in considering a used bow from classifieds or eBay. Lots of great bows in the last few years, and with new flagship bows year after year, it really makes opportunity for getting a steal of a deal on a 1 or 2 year old mode. Lots of shops have deep discounts on previous years bows. That’s where I usually look first.

I guess my only worry buying used online would be if somebody had dry fired it and damaged something less obvious like the riser or limb pockets. Maybe that’s an unlikely scenario…?

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
IMO,the only things I worry about is a dented, warped or bent Cam....Stripped screws or a sliver/cracked limb.

Just about everything else can be dealt with. Strings/cables are $80-120 so it's nice if those are fairly new or they have an extra set.

A little ding in the paint on the riser is no big deal to me....I'm going to ding it anyway.

SloppyJ

WKR
That's why when I taught myself to shoot left handed because of vision issues, I bought an ez green bow press and do all of the work myself. I don't trust anyone working on my stuff.

For the lack of what shops do, plenty of guys come in knowing their DL, when they are about to shoot their ear off.

Don't want anything but a bow, because they know more than anyone else.

Plenty of piss poor techs too.

I just value a warranty with a new bow purchase, so need to weigh that against used price. 50% off, yeah that's gonna be worth it, assuming you can still get parts in a year.