Hunting with supressor vs brake

I thought the length of my supressor on my 26" 300RUM would be a pain but I never noticed it this past year in AK. I always carry my rifle in my hand though opposed to having it strapped to my pack or slung over my shoulder on a sling.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There are other threads about hunting with a suppressor, I’ve commented on many.

Ultimately, there are many reasons to run a suppressor and I won’t go out without one.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Again, I'm a novice. Just reading about guys getting carbon flakes in teh barrel and having issues. glad to hear it's not an issue. You're swinging me more and more towards leaving it on the gun and going hunting.

Yeah, it is not a thing that happens with frequency enough to worry about. Just shoot it.

eric1115

WKR
I used to use brakes. Now suppressed 100% of the time it is possible to do so. No more gun purchases until I have cans for everything.

I've seen one or two people get suppressors and say "meh, it's ok but I'm going back to brakes" and dozens that have said "I'll never go back and I'll carry the extra weight/length/expense happily."

lintond

WKR
I’ve run a suppressor on my 26” ridgeline and although long it’s still worth it IMO.

I love the lack of punishment my ears take from a suppressor. Which I think is great for kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first season hunting with a can and I won’t hunt without one now. In fact my entire hunting group is now getting them. It’s my favorite piece of shooting gear.

I bought my first suppressor this fall after never being around one before. I haven’t had a chance to hunt with it but ive shot with it enough to know I never want to fire a rifle without one again. If you expect movie like performance you may be disappointed, however if you go into it a blank slate I think you will notice the positives immediately. I absolutely despise brakes and won’t have one on anything I shoot.