How to get time off work? FMLA help or?

TaperPin

WKR
These threads should impact WKR status points. OP ghosts after a few minutes? WTH?
He probably read an article on employers spying on employees with the use of cookies and he threw the computer in a lake. Lol

A military officer friend back in the early 2000s heard through the grapevine this was happening and I almost fell over laughing as he scrambled to delete whatever weird kinky crap he was looking at.

Now there are probably companies that sell lists of keywords that our phones collect. How keywords are not considered the same as recording someone is beyond me.

OP
324matt

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
For everyone worried about me, please don’t worry I'm fine. I’ve been too busy for the inter webs since I last posted.

As far as my situation goes, I did ask management and they responded with a denial for my request for time off next year.

I did as HR, and HR is there to support the company side as always, not the employees. The answer was no.

Im of the opinion that it would be too much of a PITA to fake some BS about mental health, and there is no way I have time to make up all the lies, I know I couldn’t remember them unless I wrote them down.

I appreciate all of the advice from the posts above and here is what I’ve decided I’m going to do.

I’m going to go on this trip no matter what.

I can find a new job, they are everywhere. The boomers are almost all retired and the young kids don’t want to work.

I’m past the point where I’m driven by money and to the perspective that I’m half way through life, and I’d rather enjoy what I do rather than see how much I can make.

OP
324matt

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
For everyone worried about me, please don’t worry I'm fine. I’ve been too busy for the inter webs since I last posted.

As far as my situation goes, I did ask management and they responded with a denial for my request for time off next year.

I did as HR, and HR is there to support the company side as always, not the employees. The answer was no.

Im of the opinion that it would be too much of a PITA to fake some BS about mental health, and there is no way I have time to make up all the lies, I know I couldn’t remember them unless I wrote them down.

I appreciate all of the advice from the posts above and here is what I’ve decided I’m going to do.

I can find a new job, they are everywhere. The boomers are almost all retired and the young kids don’t want to work.

I’m past the point where I’m driven by money and to the perspective that I’m half way through life, and I’d rather enjoy what I do rather than see how much I can make.
What kind of hunt are we talking about?

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
That’s pretty hardcore to quit a job to go hunting.
I hope it all works out for you. (y)
For years I always was given a hard time or denied pto around hunting season. Worst part was any left over days were lost Jan 1.
When I put in my 2 weeks notice last year they threw out a offer to keep me and I wasn’t looking to negotiate. Big raise and 2 extra weeks of vacation and no one has said a word to me this season.
Hunting is definitely good for your mental health.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
I give work very little info about my outside interests. Doesn’t matter what you’re hobby is, others will belittle it. Kinda sad. You re on vacation that’s all they need to know.

Rich M

WKR
I was in that position once I explained it wasn’t a matter of weather or not I was going fishing just a matter of where I’d be working when I got back
I talked about opening day trout fishing for 3 weeks and friday evening before opening day manager says i want you in here at 0900 tomorrow. I laughed. Good joke.

Dude wrote me up on Monday. Gave him my notice. Wednesday i went on a fishing trip w my cousin. Was a decent job for a high school kid but dont eff w opening day of trout season.

Last edited:

EdP

WKR

Nothing wrong with that approach. It is an individual choice that you have every right to make.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Good choice. No reason to sacrifice your life for the “company”. Find a job that’s a better fit.