How to deal with CO Wolves

intunegp

WKR
I'm guessing they're being pressured not to advertise the good faith self-defense provision of the ESA:

(3) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, no civil penalty shall be imposed if it can be shown by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant committed an act based on a good faith belief that he was acting to protect himself or herself, a member of his or her family, or any other individual from bodily harm, from any endangered or threatened species.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Ya, make sure to bring all your livestock inside every night....LOL. SMH
My guess is the folks who wrote this gem of an article aren’t too involved in the ranching and farming community… yeah I’m sure some of those big ranches could have a round up every evening and put several hundred pair inside, probably even kiss everyone good night

Lord.

I literally spit my coffee out with the rape whistle comment. lmfao that was super funny.

WTH??!!

Doesn't everyone know wolves never attack humans?

Get the google fact checkers on this ASAP!!

Jackk66

FNG
Should start a company offer the latest and greatest in carbon fiber wolf defense sticks, we will sell at REI it will have a built in rape whistle. Perfect for the average Co crunchy who “doesn’t believe in guns”
I feel sorry for native Coloradoans. Immigrants from the left coast have risen to the point where native Coloradoans have little, if any, say so in statewide ballot initiatives. A FEW wolves on the landscape is fine. Major problems arise when "animal lovers" succeed in preventing or restricting harvest to the point where elk populations are decimated. Colorado need only look north to the GYE to see the result of far to many wolves on the landscape.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I feel sorry for native Coloradoans. Immigrants from the left coast have risen to the point where native Coloradoans have little, if any, say so in statewide ballot initiatives. A FEW wolves on the landscape is fine. Major problems arise when "animal lovers" succeed in preventing or restricting harvest to the point where elk populations are decimated. Colorado need only look north to the GYE to see the result of far to many wolves on the landscape.
The whole thing was packaged and sold as a lie, lots of guys thought, “ oh cool we will be able to hunt wolves in 10 years” it was written in the bill that no one read that they will never be hunted. Which means it would take another vote of the people to allow for them to ve hunted is local Coloradans are screwed…

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck, Colorado, is all I can say. We are screwed in Washington, will never be able to hunt them more than likely, our ungulate herds have diminished dramatically, and the wolves have no fear of humans and our game commission is pro-predator.

Blandry

WKR
I heard on the news today a bunch of ranchers are suing the state.

And this really pissed off the libs.. WY hunters lured them with electronic calls and took out a bunch https://local.newsbreak.com/colorad...ines?s=dmg_local_email_bucket_20.web2_fromweb

This map says it all.. the predatory animal area which is the entire state outside of jackson county :)

image.php

manitou1

WKR
I heard on the news today a bunch of ranchers are suing the state.

And this really pissed off the libs.. WY hunters lured them with electronic calls and took out a bunch https://local.newsbreak.com/colorad...ines?s=dmg_local_email_bucket_20.web2_fromweb

This map says it all.. the predatory animal area which is the entire state outside of jackson county :)

image.php
They must have a heck of a call to call them across state lines!
Actually, wolves have not yet been reintroduced to Calirado... those are WY wolves.

cnelk

WKR
They must have a heck of a call to call them across state lines!
Actually, wolves have not yet been reintroduced to Calirado... those are WY wolves.
Not necessarily. The Wyo pack did have pups in Colorado and some were killed in Wyo.
So technically they were Colorado wolves killed in Wyo.

Go Wyoming!

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When a ballot initiative such as this one passes by a 51-49% statewide vote, all that does is further divide the people. If something is truly a "good idea" or "good thing" for the state, it should be reasonable to be able to get at least 75% of the vote. That should be the standard for all these nutjob proposals. It's been too long now since they banned spring bear hunting so I can't remember at what level that one passed. Anyone remember that vote? I'm guessing it was similar.

Sudsy

FNG
You can also look to the east coast and the seal population to see what's in the future.
Seals received "protected status" on the 1970s (remember the clubbing baby seals for their fur campaign?). Now the population has exploded and is so completely out of control that it's affecting fish and lobster populations, not to mention shutting down large areas of beach to human use. The large increase of numbers of Great White Sharks who feed on those seals is also a ticking time bomb. It's just a matter of time before someone is killed.
It's time to start thinning the seal herds, but even with the overpopulation they still have protected status thanks to the tree hugger idiots who control our government.