How much to tip

longtail

FNG
It only gets complicated if you start considering factors that aren't relevant. Teachers and garbage men are not in the service industry, nor is their industry's compensation scheme predicated upon a portion of their income coming from tips.
Factors that aren’t relevant? And how are teachers and garbage men not in the service industry? They serve you and your kids every day. There are so many folks out there that work there tail off every day to serve others just as hard as the people
In the “service industry” and they don’t get a minimum of a 10% tip. Everyone has a choice and in the day and age of equal opportunity, me too, black lives, etc, etc. why should we tip one person over the other?

Brooks

WKR
Tipping a guide is the way it’s been for many years. If you can’t tip them maybe go DIY. A lot of guides spend a lot of time and money scouting for their clients before the guy ever gets into camp.

WRO

WKR
Tipping a guide is the way it’s been for many years. If you can’t tip them maybe go DIY. A lot of guides spend a lot of time and money scouting for their clients before the guy ever gets into camp.
You ain't getting rich as the hired hand..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
I don't go on guided hunts and almost never eat at restaurants. I don't go guided because I simply can't afford it, I don't go to restaurants because 99% of the time the food and service sucks.

Even though the food and service sucks, the staff feel entitled to a tip and almost all customers tip regardless. It's a cycle of entitlement and enabling.
You should probably not chime in on something that you have little to no experience with.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have tipped from 10 to 50%. 50% is rare but when they go all out to make my trip not only successful, but also enjoyable I let them know they did a great job.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
You should probably not chime in on the relevance of my experience.
You, yourself, stated, in writing, that you don’t go on guided hunts because you can’t afford to. Nothing wrong with that. I have been there at times myself. I can afford it, and I do go on a guided hunt most years. I don’t rebuild engines, because I don’t have the expertise to, therefore it would be asinine of me to comment about what the right or wrong philosophy of punching a block, or valve angles, or blah blah blah…..

As I said, you’ve made a lot of comments with a lot of opinions that you know nothing about. That is how you spot the fool in any room.