How is the fit on Kuiu compared to Sitka?

Luked

WKR
Is the fit similar on Kuiu and Sitka?
Thinking of getting a few Kuiu items but always nervous about ordering online and it not fitting when I get it.
Sitka I am able to go to Bass pro or Cabelas and try it on. Which is why I always bought Sitka.

prm

WKR
For the items I have purchased, I have found Kuiu is fit to longer, leaner body types. I am shorter and stockier, and on average I find Kuiu pant legs too long for my waist size, and thighs tend to be too snug. Up top, arms are a tad bit long for the size that fits my shoulders. Less of an issue on upper body for me. My Sitka experience is limited to a single kelvin active jacket and it fit me very well.

Jbxl20

WKR
Sitka and kuiu are very similar. I wear large tops. Lightweight hoody, fanatic hoody. And large kuiu merino 1/4 zip and 240 hoody. My first lite tops are mediums. Larges are too big.

wyosteve

WKR
In Kuiu, I have to go up a size compared to Sitka. I need a 3xl in Kuiu to fit like a 2xl in Sitka. True pretty much across the board for tops at least. I don't have any Kuiu pants to compare.

Kotaman

WKR
I pretty much echo everything above. Especially the bigger the size you are. I have Sitka in XL and XXL. In everyday items I typically wear an XL. My KUIU jackets are XXXL. I also hate how long the standard length KUIU pants have become. (34/35 inseam). Waist wise, they both seem to be similar. Glad to see KUIU are offering “short“ in some pants now. KuIU definately sizes for “long and lean”.

I am 6’3” 250#. middle age. Somewhere between CrossFit and ”I used to play football” build.

I wear 38 jeans with a 33/34 inseam and 2XL shirts in most non hunting brands

for me, Sitka is 38/40 pants and 2XL tops across their entire line.

KUIU requires me to size up. My kuiu gear is 40/42 and 3XL. The waist and stomach tends to fit fine in both pants and tops but the shoulders, thighs and butt are tighter than i want so I go up. I have found their sizing to be pretty consistent across everything I have bought in the last few years. kuiu have also been pretty good about returns Too.

I wear some L and some XL in Sitka. Solidly XL in Kuiu.

Sitka over the last year or two has gone a little wider in the shoulders/chest and added some length with their newer pieces (the ambient jacket fits a little bigger in the chest/shoulders and has more length than the kelvin active jacket) and updates (traverse hoody and jetstream updates both fit a little bigger in chest/shoulders and have more length in the body).

Generally speaking, I wear one size larger in Kuiu than Sitka. So a 36 in Kuiu pants or 34 in Sitka, mostly XL in Kuiu and mostly L in Sitka.

For the items I have purchased, I have found Kuiu is fit to longer, leaner body types. I am shorter and stockier, and on average I find Kuiu pant legs too long for my waist size, and thighs tend to be too snug. Up top, arms are a tad bit long for the size that fits my shoulders. Less of an issue on upper body for me. My Sitka experience is limited to a single kelvin active jacket and it fit me very well.
Same experience. I'm a 32 waist and have to order 34 waist in KUIU to fit my thighs but than the waist is little loose. Sitka has size 33 waist which fits me perfict. I"m only 5'-9" so I have to get Sitka hemmed to 30" inseam. I do like that KUIU offers short inseam.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'4" and most Sitka gear is too short in the arms. These days, I buy only KUIU, better price point, better fit and I think better quality for the money.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
no experience with Kuiu pants, but tops I go one up from Sitka (Large to XL)