How do you carry bow elk hunting CO? Bow Hitch worth it?

Luked

WKR
I bought some Kydex and made a hanger for my bow. It goes through the Molle on my Pack Belt and hangs by the grip. Works perfect.

WCB

WKR
I have a neoprene bow sling that protects the strings. Throw the strap over my pack stays. If I am strictly traveling at night or whatever...I will strap it to my pack with that sling protecting the strings.

Like with rifles...I don't get guys wanting to carry it in their hand all the time and not over their shoulder. I like having two hands when traversing steep country or dead falls etc.

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the simple belt clip style off Amazon and it works great for what I need. You can hang off string or handle. I really just wanted it for those moments you could really use both hands. I found myself trying to hang off trees when I was turkey hunting in the mountains.

Setting up your bow to carry it on shoulders/around neck is what I found works best (longer stabilizer/sight housing). Completely hands free and I never have to set my bow on the ground.

Allows me to hike/drive atv/climb tree stand/cross fences and not have to worry about it. Bow is easily accessible, while still being completely out of the way. Only time I have to carry it in my hand is in super thick cover (low branches) or when you have quarters loaded.

Yaremkiv

Lil-Rokslider
I do have those hooks you have pictured on my Marsupial Gear bino harness but I rarely use them. Trying to get into the habit of using them and stop placing the bow on the ground.

noroads

FNG
Quivalizer and bow hook on my pack belt. Hands free the majority of the time with quick and easy access to grab the bow. No need to carry a bow for long periods; I’ve been doing it this way for many years. Big thing is getting the weight onto the belt. Works with 15” or longer stab as well

IMG_3461.jpeg