How bad do you think its going to get?

There's a dialog in the movie Bridge of Spies between James Donovan and Rudolf Abel when Donovan asks Abel if he's worried about going to the electric chair for espionage.

Donovan: "Aren't you worried?"

Abel: "Would it help?"

I got enough $hit paper for a year as long as I don't eat too many of these Jalapeno bear snack sticks.

Don't pet the sweaty stuff and don't sweat the petty stuff.

here's a couple things that should be obvious to anyone who is at least somewhat paying attention:

The current administration and 95+% of the corrupt & incompetent federal agencies do not care about you and your family and you absolutely cannot count on any of them to help you out in times of crisis. Just look at what's happening in our neck of the woods with Helene.

In my opinion, the powers that be will not allow Trump to retake control. It's pretty obvious that they will do anything to stop it from happening (worldwide scamdemic, lawfare, rigged elections & assassination). That said who TF knows what they will do next.

Just based on this you should at least make some attempt at being prepared and self-sufficient for a reasonable amount of time.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have an old buddy from back in my California days who is CONSTANTLY "worried" and it's all he talks about whenever we chat or see each other. He's also one of those daily instagram and tik toks scrollers and the correlation is strong!

Any of my buddies who have social medias like that and can't get off of them, constantly worry and seem on edge about everything. Through text they also seem to think everyone is attacking them when it's just a normal "debate" or "augment/disagreement". My buddies who don't have any of that stuff just live their lives and take care of themselves and their families. Figure it out folks.

Flyjunky

WKR
You were a fool if you listened to any of that BS.
True, but that is exactly the point being made. Too many people keep their head in the sand, tune out, and when something happens they read a headline for the first time in weeks and directly fall in line to media bs. Those paying attention, who were keeping up to date, were the ones not believing in the media bs.

Geewhiz

WKR
While I like to think I would thrive being self sufficient, no problems building shelter, hunting, defending myself etc...

Sad truth is one broken cog in the gear train of modern civilization could be pretty bad for even the sharpest guys.

Power grid down unexpectedly means no cells phones or internet for communication we are all dependant on. No way to know what is actually going on or connect with like minds. Freezer shuts off and becomes of tub of rotten meat in a week. Depending on mechanicals, no running water or heat for most. Bank accounts are useless. No gas for vehicles or generators. Mass choas until local resources are depleted or claimed. Then tack on a large chunk of the population being basically helpless and useless that are in the way of the few that even have a chance long term.

But never mind that. I'm taking my electronic fuel injected pickup and machined aluminum bow with carbon fiber arrows into the wilderness this weekend, using electronic maps on my phone to chase elk, unplug, and really get reconnected with the natural world.
You going to bring your star link internet with you while your in the wilderness "getting away from it all"? hahahaha

Really sorry for your loss. What was his underlying condition? Or was he one of the less than 10% of total Covid deaths that didn't have an underlying condition?
Thank you. It was pretty hard on my wife.

Twin brothers, both somewhat but not grossly overweight. No other underlying conditions that I’m aware of? Genetic high cholesterol and I’m sure some BP issues.

They both got Covid on the same hunting trip. They waited too long to seek medical attention and when they did were sent directly to the ER.

One crashed hard and ended up on a ventilator. The other was improving, but then suddenly crashed and also ended up on a ventilator and died within a week. The other spent another 6-7 weeks in the ER before he was finally discharged. It took him months to regain full physical function.

Everyone’s risk assessment is their own. They were very cavalier about it, and that’s fine. It’s a personal decision. It does, however, piss me off when people make stupid statements the disease doesn’t really exist unless you choose for it to.