How are you fighting the ticks so far

Erict

WKR
Permethrin, deet and mirrors.

After a day in tick country I find a good light and a mirror (or two) to help do a complete body scan. Found my first of the year embedded in my lower back a few weeks back, but at least I knew it had only been there a few hours. Pulled it out and will keep an eye on it for now.

PS - a Tick Key works great if you've never tried one - well worth it.

BjornF16

WKR
I spray permethrin on boots and gaiters daily; sometimes on pants as well. I always wear gaiters in the field.

I’ll go to deet on skin only in really infested areas (I don’t really like using it but better than a tick bite).

Tick checks before bed and when getting up in am.

I ran like hell to a place with very few ticks. I absolutely hate ticks and those buggers were nasty in OK. That lone star tick disease freaked me out more than anything else down there. Suddenly allergic to red meat? Nononononono!!!

tony

WKR
I was working in the Emergency dept one evening and this older doc from Cleveland came down to work a few shifts in the country.
She came up to me and said I’m going to need a scalpel, lidocaine and suture supplies.
I said for what? Hadn’t been any injuries come though in the time I’d been there.
She said there’s lady in room whatever with ticks on her back.
I said doc, find us some tweezers and I’ll show you how to get ticks off. She had never pulled a tick off anything being from and working in Cleveland she said.
I saved some chick a lot of pain and suffering and gave a lesson in common sense treatment that night.
That old lady doctor said “You river people know everything!” :ROFLMAO:

TSAMP

WKR
Bravecto works fantastic on my lab. If I manage to find any on him that haven't already fallen off they are dead or dying.
Bravecto works great for my PP. Each tablet works for 3 months but I've found it's a little longer. 2 treatments get me through the year since here In iowa they aren't around in the winter. If a ticks on him it's a dead tick.

I have read of some dogs having adverse reactions but Mines been on it since he was old enough. Maybe 4.5 years or so. Highly reccomend.