Hornady 340gr .50cal ELD-X Bore Driver

Kurts86

WKR
Man, alot hype but Hornady wasn't ready to deploy them to the public. Heck of a marketing strategy, shame on them.

This is so common across all companies. The timing to launch/develop/manufacture new products right now is a nightmare with lingering component shortage and a tight labor market. I live it everyday as a manufacturing project leader.

Industries are generally beholden to some launch windows whether real or imaginary dictated by customers or trade show schedules.

You either announce things early and miss your schedule or you don’t announce something until inventory is made. Those are the 2 options and the management generally picks based on whether they came from product line/market or from manufacturing/engineering.

Literally all companies do this. You create demand prior to supply being available so they don't collect dust of shelves.
I just began CO load development with my CVA Accura V2. Shoots 1/2" groups at 50 yds. with Hornady BD FTX 290 grs and Fury Bullets (Universal Fit, .4995) 320 grs.. I think I've got my 2 bullets that the Accura likes for the CO muzzy elk season. Gonna push that out to 75-100 yds w. the Williams Western Precison rear peep/front globe sight setup next range day. If you ask me, I think the guys at Hornady are late to the party (by design) and leaving money on the table this Fall. I heard from a reputable source that they had issues with the flex tip on those upcoming 340 grs. ELD-X bullets.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I am not interested in the 290 grain, even for Deer, I am very interested in the 340 grain.
I bet the 290 does well 9 out of 10 times but it is short for caliber, if it expands a great deal it will be a flat washer, not so good for penetration!
340 should be a better all round, Deer, Elk, Bears, hogs, whatever plus more accurate out to 250 yds, a good poke for a MZ.

I am not interested in the 290 grain, even for Deer, I am very interested in the 340 grain.
I bet the 290 does well 9 out of 10 times but it is short for caliber, if it expands a great deal it will be a flat washer, not so good for penetration!
340 should be a better all round, Deer, Elk, Bears, hogs, whatever plus more accurate out to 250 yds, a good poke for a MZ.
Yeah, the 290 is pretty soft based on the water jug testing (with 80 gr bh209 @ 25 yards) done by one of the guys on modernmuzzleloader. Hopefully the 340 will perform a little better.

FC6FB25A-AA6C-42C3-BDBF-A91DE39B0ED8.jpeg

OP
I
We decided to buy No Excuses 460gr bullets since we couldn't find anything else. Reports seem to be good on performance so we will see if a bull dies this September.

Has anyone been able to find these at retail yet?
Ive settled on 290gr version as it shoots really well. And i will have Pronghorn and Deer muzzy hunts this year. So not concerned with Elk this year.
But id like to start testing these

Someone on another forum posted today they they called Hornady and were told they are in production now:

“I just called Hornady to ask when these will be ready to buy and the guy said "we started running these this week". I asked if they would be available to purchase by August and he said, "depends on quality control."