Hornady 340gr .50cal ELD-X Bore Driver

cowboy300

WKR
In my experience it’s a pretty soft bullet and I hit the bull in the absolute worst spot you can. I dead centered the shoulder knuckle and if failed to penetrate to the vitals. There was a hole I could put my fist in under the hide and the knuckle was destroyed but the bullet didn’t get into the chest cavity. I had to finish him off with another shot. If it would have been in the shoulder blade or back a little more it would have been a lot better results. I had great results and fast kills on deer and antelope last year with the same set up.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    772 KB · Views: 12
In my experience it’s a pretty soft bullet and I hit the bull in the absolute worst spot you can. I dead centered the shoulder knuckle and if failed to penetrate to the vitals. There was a hole I could put my fist in under the hide and the knuckle was destroyed but the bullet didn’t get into the chest cavity. I had to finish him off with another shot. If it would have been in the shoulder blade or back a little more it would have been a lot better results. I had great results and fast kills on deer and antelope last year with the same set up.
Bummer. Thanks for the info. I’ll be using them for cow elk and deer this fall so I’ll try to stay above that knuckle on the elk as much as I can manage with iron sights.

That’s a long shot and a tough spot to penetrate. Glad you got him. Looks to me like a good reason not to try them on elk. I’ve been saying this since they came out - not a great elk bullet.