Home gym setup?

I only have/use kettlebells. I have several in various weights, a pullup bar and a few million acres of public land to roam for cardio.....

Lots of equipment lists. I could add mine. Whatever you purchase, just try to make sure you can hit every major muscle group (preferably with more than one exercise) and a decent amount of cardio and you should be good to go.
Agree and a decent barbell, rack, and some bumpers will accomplish all this. You don't need a lot of weight either.

Front/back squats
Snatch/clean grip pulls
Snatch/clean grip deadlifts
Snatch and power snatch
Snatch complexes with pause at the knees, in the bottom, and overhead squats...
Clean and power clean
Clean and jerk and power jerk
Clean and jerk complexes with pause at the knees, in the bottom, jerk with last rep, add a thruster in there...
Push press
Military press
Romanian deadlifts (RDLs)
Upright rows

We joke all the time that "there's no cardio in weightlifting". Do 3 sets of 10 rep light-mid weight squats or any of the exercises above and see if you think there's no cardio in lifting. On the flip side do 3 sets of 5 rep exercises with 75-80% of one rep max and you'll more than achieve your cardio.

Hike, ruck, or walk, on off days...

I just bit the bullet and installed a home gym after years of basement work with a mix of old equipment. Wife and I have always worked out and now with 3 kids who are liking to do the same it just made sense. Took a 500 square foot room and installed :

Ecore ultra tile floor
Legend Half cage with hardwood insert
Legend dip and landmine attachments
Legend 3 way and FID benches
TKO OLY bar
TKO Hex bar
TKO curl bar
TKO functional trainer
TKO urethane dumbbells 5-75
Legend GHD
Matrix treadmill
Concept rower
Wall mirrors from HD

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
In my pole barn, all Rogue stuff, concept rower, echo bike, point one sandbags and Kettlebells from ON-IT. Train jiu jitsu 3x a week, CrossFit style WOD 4x a week. Also ruck in the mts behind my house.

Attachments

• 1116090C-2B34-443A-80E9-CFD5DA939267.jpeg
    1116090C-2B34-443A-80E9-CFD5DA939267.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 84
I have a nice garage gym setup, pretty comprehensive.

But my single favorite piece of workout equipment for hunting training was practically free —got an old truck tire (not a tractor tire, just a large pickup tire) from the trash pile behind the local tire shop, drilled a hole in it to run some nylon webbing through to function as a drag harness. Instant sled you can drag around your neighborhood streets. Load it internally with dumbbells or whatever for extra weight. That thing kicks ass for mountain training.

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
I have a nice garage gym setup, pretty comprehensive.

But my single favorite piece of workout equipment for hunting training was practically free —got an old truck tire (not a tractor tire, just a large pickup tire) from the trash pile behind the local tire shop, drilled a hole in it to run some nylon webbing through to function as a drag harness. Instant sled you can drag around your neighborhood streets. Load it internally with dumbbells or whatever for extra weight. That thing kicks ass for mountain training.
This is genius!

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got about the same as others that I’ve built from scrap without much cash outlay. Dip &chin bars, sled from an old treated 2x4 tree stand seat , partial platform.C2, chains saw and maul.

Best piece other than squat rack I made is a GHR I fabbed up then added a reverse hyper that I can hook a cable to the bottom of the arm and run it to a pulley on my chin up bar to make it a plate loaded cable machine. .Also built a thick grip camber bar a couple weeks ago. Looking at making a football bar as well. Break up any monotony.

Live 12 mi out of town from a gym. It’s worth it.

Redwood

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is in my garage. Bought most of it from PRX performance. Everything but the bench, plyobox and bowflex dumbbells folds up and stores on the wall.

WMag338

WKR
Yall are better men than me. I have some gym equipment at home, but can't seem to get motivated to use it with a family at home and working full time.

I do my gym time over my lunch break during the work week. Helps keep me on track without distractions. I think my membership is around $30/month. For me, that's cheap compared to buying a lot of equipment for home use.

TheHammer

WKR
Pull up bar….
Resistance band station to help the joints n issues with age.
35-50lb kettles
80lb dumbbells
2 45lb plates I put in my pack and sometimes one in each hand to carry them around the block
A bike

Pull up bar….
Resistance band station to help the joints n issues with age.
35-50lb kettles
80lb dumbbells
2 45lb plates I put in my pack and sometimes one in each hand to carry them around the block
A bike
I used to put plates in pack, but didn't like them slamming around. I found a 40 or 50 pound bag of kitty litter or shell corn makes a much more comfortable alternative for loading a heavy pack.

TheHammer

WKR
I used to put plates in pack, but didn't like them slamming around. I found a 40 or 50 pound bag of kitty litter or shell corn makes a much more comfortable alternative for loading a heavy pack.
I usta load up my pack with the 100rd AA 2-3-4” 1 1/8 oz packages but haven’t been able to find them lately. So I just use my plates. I do have tractor suitcase weights as well. Typically I walk around my shop with those n then do box jumps, pick those up n walk back around n then more box jumps. Whatever it takes to get the heart rate going n change it up!

Now that gyms are back open loom for used equipment...there are some good deals out there

uncastan

FNG
Following. Local gym monthly prices have gotten too high here in my opinion. I used to pay $20/month before the gym closed but now can't find an option for less than $60. I have friends that pay over $100/month for crossfit which seems outrageous.

WKR
I have a pack frame with some dumbbells strapped to it and a sidewalk that leads all over.

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Purchase most of my garage gym the day my governor closed down the state and I've never been happier.

-Rogue rack
-Dip attachment
-Adjustable bench
-Surplus strength pulley system w/ various
attachments
-Rogue ghd
-Rogue mil spec bumpers
-Gorilla #65 bumpers
-Change plates
-Two barbells, safety squat bar, trap bar and curl bar
-Dumbbells #5-60
-Kettlebells #8-150
-Jump box
-Sandbags
-Slam ball
-Steel mace
-Farmers walk handles
-Viking press attachment
-Bands
-Concept 2 rower
-Rogue echo bike
-Various recovery equipment
-Stall mats
-Fan for the summer and heat for the winter

Ruck, bike, swim, cut wood and walks as much as possible. I get bored easily and like options.Compress_20230322_133240_0055.jpgCompress_20230322_133239_9832.jpgCompress_20230322_133239_9582.jpg

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Had some pretty extreme COVID lockdown requirements implemented by the military in 2020-21, so used that time to build up a garage gym (now basement since I transferred).

Rogue folding rack
Rogue bench
Rogue barbells and curl bar
Rogue landmine
+500 lbs in iron and bumper plates
Powerblock dumbbells
Titan soft box
80lb sandbag
TRX set
Assortment of kettlebells
Assortment of bands
Concept2 rower
Peloton (wife’s)
eb3bd39de78e3b9335f727f2104981b6.jpg

b494c5b5e0eaafc89c34a07328d2e154.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fringe sport foldable squat rack
250lb bumper plates
45lb kettlebell
Landmine attachment
Up to 30lb dumbbells and adding
100lb slam ball
Dip attachment
Ez curl bar
Treadmill
Jump rope
Various bands

Attachments

• 8F8927D1-267B-4B6A-B32C-583F85735CAC.jpeg
    8F8927D1-267B-4B6A-B32C-583F85735CAC.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 37
I’ve got a pretty nice setup. Most of my stuff is rep fitness, I highly recommend their stuff, I used to pickup for free in Colorado, but now they ship for free to your door and still priced lower than rogue on most things and I would argue as good of quality.

Treadmill & concept 2 rower
Power rack with pull-up bar & cable attachments
Adjustable bench
Plenty of bumpers & iron weights
Olympic bar, trap bar, safety squat bar
5-60 dumbbell set
A bunch of KB’s
Landmine
2 plyo boxes

And I love my Squat Max belt squat machine. Look into one if you’re looking for an awesome leg strength addition to your gym.

cohunter1996

Lil-Rokslider
3 kettlebells & a pair of running shoes is all you need.

$200 bucks from Walmart, shipped for free. I've put on considerable muscle mass with 3 bells & eating right..

You don't need to spend a fortune