Home gym setup?

DuckDogDr

WKR
Who all has one? What equipment do you have in there and anyone care to post pics of their spot

BBob

WKR
Rogue Monster rack, multiple bars, plenty of plates, 1st gen Schwinn Airdyne bike, dumbbells, rings, cable pull down, matador bar for dips, a few kettlebells, etc...

Last edited:

Bubdog

FNG
In the basement:
Titan T3 Rack with multigrip pull up bar, dip bar, spotter arms, spotter pins, 1 olympic barbell, 1 multigrip barbell.
Homemade deadlift platform from excess jobsite material with an inexpensive trap bar for deadlifts.
2 adjustable Titan Fitness 12-32kg Kettlebells.
Around 700lbs of plates put together from yardsales and Wal Mart.
60lb sandbag
75lb sandbag
125lb sandbag
Homemade 18" and 21" step platform
Homemade parallellette bars

In the detached garage
TItan Fitness sled with high and low push handles
Homemade tire sled with harness, use sandbags for weight
Titan Fitness adjustable mace
70lb Kettlebell for waiters, rack, and suitcase carries
8 CMU block and two homemade handles made from 4x4's, gas pipe, and threaded rod for farmers carry.
125lb sandbag for bearhug and feedsack carries.
Homemade Slosh Pipe

In the truck
Go Ruck pack with a 45 lb plate and 10lb KB for walks on lunch break.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nothing as good as some guys I’m sure but I’m working on it.

I have:
-concept 2 rower
-kettlebells
-dumbells
-sandbag (up to 80lbs)
-crossropes
-box for jumps and step ups
-go ruck pack.

Just got a squat rack in the mail today so that gives me a pull-up bar. I’ll be getting a barbell and some bumper plates so I can hit basic strength movements. Nothing crazy, squats, dead lifts, overhead presses etc.

I have the following in my basement: Fringesport squat stand w/ spotter arms, a couple of rubber horse stall mats, bench, barbell, bumper and change plates, pullup bar, several kettlebells, adjustable dumbbells, sandbag (up to 100#), box for step-ups, and C2 rower. There is also a steep hill with a trail right behind my house that I use for sprints. I can do just about everything I want/need at home, and I love not paying a monthly fee and having to drive to a gym.

When the wife and I built our retirement shouse a couple years ago I added a 20x24 room connected to the main and utilize it for workouts. We have 9 barbells and an EZ curl all loaded with plates so there is no need to remove weight, only add. Weight stations include, flat bench with pully system, inclines, deads, bents, squat rack with xtra J hooks, OHP/ front squat, cleans, landmine, Bowflex adjustable dumbells, Rogue Echo, Nordictrack treadmill, Total gym, and a pullup/dip unit. I laid down 3 horse maps where you would normally need bumpers. With over 1300#s of plates I can do a full body workout without waisting time pulling plates from station to station. Its nice not to have to wait for a station like you have to at a commercial gym! Plus I can play my own music and watch what I want on the TV.

TxxAgg

WKR
My "gym" is in my garage. I have some horse stall mats and an old bathroom mirror on the wall next to a small box fan. Then I have 3 kettlebells, a chin up bar mounted to the ceiling, and a small bench. That's all I need. I run on the days I don't lift or rest.

Edit: I also have a cheap tv out there so I can watch youtube or the game. Makes the time pass.

ericwh

WKR
Schwinn Airdyne, Body solid rack, rogue flat bench, york barbell, york plates, dumbbells up to 40 lbs, and some bands.

Clarktar

WKR
Kettlebell (get a couple heavy ones for sure), plyo box, some TRX or webbing/rings, selectoize dumbbell, a way to weighted ruck and bands. Toss in a piece of cardio equipment and you can do a ton of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
I love not paying a monthly fee and having to drive to a gym.
I love not waiting while some bro plays with his phone for 10 minutes between sets of barbell curls INSIDE a squat rack.

It's also difficult to make real progress when using cheap commercial gym plates since their weight can vary by +/- 10%.

hunt1up

WKR
I'm pretty simple since I don't have a huge area in my basement. I have my spare road bike on a smart trainer for cardio. And I have a set of 50lb adjustable dumbbells and a bench. Oh and a step up platform thing. And I'm going to add a pull up bar. That's pretty much it. I love the simplicity and versatility of dumbbells.

JD Jones

WKR
I have had a garage gym for 4years now. It has been one of my best decisions. I’ve iterated it along the way based on my needs but today the basics are:
Titan Rack
Texas power bar
Rouge bumper plates and some change plates
Dip attachment
Flat bench
Adjustable bench
Adjustable dumbbells

I had a GHD, concept rower and a few other things but sold them off. I focus heavily on various squats deadlifts presses as well as some ancillary exercises. Run 5x a week and try to hike at least 1x a week with 55# of sand bag in my pack

This seems to be a good recipe for me when it comes down to it in September

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I’m actually really lazy so as long as I don’t go to the gym it’s really hard for me to muster up the courage. But I do have a basic setup that includes a squat rack, battle ropes, gliding discs, and some adjustable dumbbells.

DIY Olympic platform, competition UESAKA bar, squat/jerk/military press rack, some dumbbells up to 30. Insulated and heated corner of my machine shed. Girls are both competitive lifters, so this gives them a place to lift when they can’t get to the regular gym. Gives me some place to lift whenever. Don’t mind the clutter…

EDIT: UESAKA training bumpers (2- 5kg, 4- 10kg), a couple crappy 15kg bumpers, several steel change plates. Not pictured 2- 35lb and 2- 45lb steel plates.

Attachments

• 4834E392-8C8F-4D6E-AF5F-E754703DBCAD.jpeg
    4834E392-8C8F-4D6E-AF5F-E754703DBCAD.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 103
  • D7CDAA65-E1CE-4119-B278-EC4BBEA07A4F.jpeg
    D7CDAA65-E1CE-4119-B278-EC4BBEA07A4F.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
DIY Olympic platform, competition UESAKA bar, squat/jerk/military press rack, some dumbbells up to 30. Insulated and heated corner of my machine shed. Girls are both competitive lifters, so this gives them a place to lift when they can’t get to the regular gym. Gives me some place to lift whenever. Don’t mind the clutter…

EDIT: UESAKA training bumpers (2- 5kg, 4- 10kg), a couple crappy 15kg bumpers, several steel change plates. Not pictured 2- 35lb and 2- 45lb steel plates.
I need a different rack. I recently bought a CAP rack off ebay because it was cheap and its pretty flimsy, I use it for pull ups and stuff but honestly wouldn't want to use it as a squat rack. I'm sure it would work ok but it just dosent seem as solid as racks I've had in the past.

I need a different rack. I recently bought a CAP rack off ebay because it was cheap and its pretty flimsy, I use it for pull ups and stuff but honestly wouldn't want to use it as a squat rack. I'm sure it would work ok but it just dosent seem as solid as racks I've had in the past.
Our local high school has annual silent auctions where they sell used athletic equipment. I was able to get a fully enclosed bolt-down rack for $50 last fall. Unfortunately it was too big for our gym, but I was able to sell it to a local for $150. They got a great deal and I made a little money on it. May be something to look into where you are located.

Jon C

FNG
Have a gym membership but have stretches at work I’m too busy to go. I have some bands,kettle bells,ab roller, dumb bells with plates,a rowing machine and tread mill. Want a power tower and bench and 300# Olympic weight set. Wife and daughter use the treadmill and rower more than I do. Also have a heavy bag. Eventually I’ll get everything set up and drop the membership. But I do like going to the gym more than at home.

EvanG17

FNG
I have a gym membership which i use extensivelly. But i do have a simple barebell, squat/bench rack setup in the shop. Along with a deadlifting platform

Maverick1

WKR
Lots of equipment lists. I could add mine. Whatever you purchase, just try to make sure you can hit every major muscle group (preferably with more than one exercise) and a decent amount of cardio and you should be good to go.

BT_707

FNG
Rogue Monster lite rack, rogue air bike, elliptical, 385 lbs plates, dumbbells 5-55lb, battle rope, kettle bell, medicine balls, bands. Seems to cover most of what I need. Got a lot for free from my HS when they remodeled their weight room.