Home Gym Set Up

putting a home gym together and have the rack and weights all figured out. Trying to decide on a couple machines for cardio in the winter when its below 0. Got a Bowflex deal from my dad but not a big fan cheaply made and feels like its going to fall apart every time we use it. As I get older I am a bit worried about the knees no problems yet thought. Trying to decide if we want a treadmill or thinking on maybe a rower combined with a versa climber. Any advice greatly appreciated.

WoodBow

WKR
I am a big fan of the Concept 2 bike and the concept 2 rower. Both in the $900 range so not cheap but you pay for what you get.

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
I'd recommend a concept2 rower as well. I have one in my home gym. Decided against a treadmill or stationary bike since I can replicate those movements by going on a run outside or riding my bike. You can get a killer cardio workout done with a rower while working your full body.

SC HUNTER

FNG
Large tractor tire and a sledge hammer...you can do a lot with a tractor tire.
A 285 size truck tire with a hole drilled in it with rope attached also. I have one I drag up and down the street sometimes. My neighbors have to wonder what is wrong with me.

Let your kid sit on the tire to really make it suck.

Carr5vols

WKR
A 285 size truck tire with a hole drilled in it with rope attached also. I have one I drag up and down the street sometimes. My neighbors have to wonder what is wrong with me.

Let your kid sit on the tire to really make it suck.
I have the same size tire mine is attahced with eye bolt and chain. My wife gets so embarrassed she ask that i wait until dark before i drag it around.

SC HUNTER

FNG
I have the same size tire mine is attahced with eye bolt and chain. My wife gets so embarrassed she ask that i wait until dark before i drag it around.
My wife got so irritated when we went walking earlier this week. She pushed the baby stroller and I drug "that tire" as she calls it. 😂 she was just about jogging trying to not be seen with me.

JD Jones

WKR
I had the rower but prefer the assault bike. I think that’s the way I’m going since selling the rower. Both are great though. I’ve considered a stair stepper as well.

Northpark

WKR
I’ve always heard if you only have one piece of equipment get a rower. The concept 2 we have at work is pretty nice and straight forward to use.

OP
B
Thanks for the help guys ill take a look at the concept got the tire setup as well. I should of asked that too if a rower what brands so thanks for that as well