Jump rope for cardio, conditioning, and full body strength to be a better hunter

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Based on this thread I going to start a jump rope routine. Kick my butt after 2 separate 5 minute jumps. Kind of sad on my part. Thanks for the inspiration.
Yes replying to my own post from 1/17/2022. Since then I have continued to jump and it is a daily routine now. Actually 14,606 minutes of jumps per the app. Anyways still feeling great and the hills/ridges/mountains felt even easier this past season more so than the first after starting.

OP
S

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
Yes replying to my own post from 1/17/2022. Since then I have continued to jump and it is a daily routine now. Actually 14,606 minutes of jumps per the app. Anyways still feeling great and the hills/ridges/mountains felt even easier this past season more so than the first after starting.
I absolutely love hearing that. Same here. Been consistent with my workouts and I'm in better condition than I ever had been in my teens and twenties.

Edit: Didn't realize you said you were starting two years ago. Hell yes brother. Proud of you. Any changes in your physique?

Last edited:

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely love hearing that. Same here. Been consistent with my workouts and I'm in better condition than I ever had been in my teens and twenties.

Edit: Didn't realize you said you were starting two years ago. Hell yes brother. Proud of you. Any changes in your physique?
Oh yes. Leaner and toned. I was really never into body building / muscle building. But instead always tried to stay athletic. But mid 40’s and doing life it was just catching up. I’m 5’9 so not a big dude anyways. Started out at 185# and the doctor telling me I was knocking on the door of liver disease if I didn’t change eating habits and/or exercise. Cleaned up the eating and starting jumping and following programs on the Crossrope app and now I hang around at 156. I feel and look great. (Wife really likes the change also).
Only down side is I had to get rid of my Sitka 34 pants and reorder size 30’s. I never really knew jump rope activated so many muscle groups/parts of the body.

OP
S

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
Oh yes. Leaner and toned. I was really never into body building / muscle building. But instead always tried to stay athletic. But mid 40’s and doing life it was just catching up. I’m 5’9 so not a big dude anyways. Started out at 185# and the doctor telling me I was knocking on the door of liver disease if I didn’t change eating habits and/or exercise. Cleaned up the eating and starting jumping and following programs on the Crossrope app and now I hang around at 156. I feel and look great. (Wife really likes the change also).
Only down side is I had to get rid of my Sitka 34 pants and reorder size 30’s. I never really knew jump rope activated so many muscle groups/parts of the body.
My man! Amazing! That gets me fired up! Losing 30 pounds is no joke and staying consistent over 2 years is a huge milestone. Makes me glad I wrote that wall of text a few years back that resulted in some kind of good. Think of buying new clothes that fit better as a reward for your hard work. If you wear your body with pride, you should dress proudly too.