Hauling meat with a bike: Trailer vs Racks & Panniers

I have a Trek Roscoe 29” that I want to use to haul deer up to maybe 5-6 miles on single track trails, old logging roads and gated admin roads. I am considering Old Man Mountain Divide racks on the front and rear or a BOB Ibex trailer. Typically, I bring my pack (Mystery Ranch Pop up) with a platform and climbing ropes/gear to hunt elevated out of a saddle.

Is it reasonable to get a deer (50-75lbs in game bags) out using racks with something like a pannier to hold the bags? Cost-wise it doesn’t appear to save much but I wouldn’t have to load a trailer in and out of my truck bed. However, finding panniers that I can easily drop a full game bag into has been challenging.

Most hunts are unsuccessful, and the trailer is overkill to haul my gear in and out. I would guess that pulling a loaded trailer will balance better and be easier to deal with getting on/off when pushing the bike is required, but it would be easier to stash my bike somewhere off the trail without a trailer to contend with.

Anyone with experience have recommendations for the best setup?

*zap*

WKR
I used wire panniers and you can always walk the bike if need be...then I also used a baby jogging stroller which I towed backwards. Welded an eye on the back of the pannier and drilled an eye bolt in the handle of the stroller. That type of stroller also goes thru light brush pretty well if you have to push it. I will probably use the stroller to get some whitetail meat out this season.