Has anybody here actually received a stimulus check?

serious question though, what are the excuses for not having your taxes done.
Deadline is July 15 this year

Edit to add: A lot of my family waited to see what was going to happen with the stimulus before filing due to the fact that 2019 taxes can change the check size if your 2018 income was lower.

Last edited:

Honest answer: we sold a rental property and are probably going to get creamed this year. I'll glady take the extension. My wife and I make love on a huge pile of the government's cash every night.

jmcd22

WKR
Ours showed up today. While I'd love to use it to support small businesses, I just can't spend 2 months worth of mortgage payments while my wife is laid off and future work for me is uncertain. Into the savings account it goes. If things look up by this fall, maybe it'll turn into some hunting gear, or a vacation for the family.

I am in the exact same boat...wife out of work and the amount we both got is a significant chunk of bills so into savings they went. Good luck and I hope you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel through this.

Not that I care much about this $$$ but I have a buddy who is flat out convinced that they are never going to happen, but I can’t really comment since I don’t know a single person who has gotten one, just a few random comments on yahoo about people talking about getting one.

I have not gotten one. They didn't give me unemployment either because I have 2 sources of income.

Squirrels

WKR
We got ours. The kids went into their savings accounts. Handed my wife hers to stimulate the economy.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Same, Couple K1's, Couple W2's, A couple 1099's and some income that I get that the IRS cant track so I have to willingfully declare. I always have to file an extension.

No stimi check. But they say I don't deserve one.

It hit the account yesterday. Into savings today.

I'm as busy as ever at work with no sign of letting up but I'm feeling queezy about spending any money at all on anything that isn't absolutely necessary.

I figure if this gets better over the next few months we might ease up and spend some but I would imagine this "stimulus" money will help for people who are good with money and probably not make a difference for those who are bad with money.

I can almost see the flat screens being delivered now...

EastMT

WKR
I drove by a sporting goods store while traveling for work yesterday and there were 3 police cars managing traffic, letting 1 or 2 people in the door at a time. Looks like a lot of hunters got their checks and she gone!

Mine came yesterday and will stay in the bank. I have still been able to work through this whole deal, but my year-end commission will likely take a beating. Unfortunately, my GF is a sole-proprietor hairdresser, so she's been shut down for a long time with no money coming in...

Seems like all I do is pay taxes to only get told I don’t qualify. Been that way my whole life. Back when I made $4.85 and hour, I made too much money to qualify for assisted healthcare but made only enough money to live with the dogs. Now, I make too much money to qualify for government stimulus checks but, somehow can’t convince the irs that money leaves as fast as it comes. I’ve bounced around in never never land my whole life. 😁

It’s a first world problem. Nonetheless, it’s still a problem.

vanish

WKR
We filed our taxes a couple weeks ago. The IRS gladly direct withdrew from our account. Yet when I checked on the stimulus, they said we didn't have direct deposit set up. :cautious:

Edit: As cnelk mentioned, there is a page to set it up, and it only took me 3 minutes. I just didn't expect to have to do it.

Last edited:
We filed our taxes a couple weeks ago. The IRS gladly direct withdrew from our account. Yet when I checked on the stimulus, they said we didn't have direct deposit set up. :cautious:
^^^ Same for me. I had to go to 'Get My Payment' and set up the bank info.

Probably because I had to pay taxes, not get a refund

Same thing for me and I also had to pay - but when I entered my 2019 info and bank account info I filed a few weeks ago, it said that it didnt match what they had on the system. Tried my 2018 and got locked out. I'm not in dire need, but frustrating to say the least.

Jbehredt

WKR
^^^ Same for me. I had to go to 'Get My Payment' and set up the bank info.

Probably because I had to pay taxes, not get a refund

Yeah. The FAQ says that eip (you owed money) info isn’t the same as direct deposit info. I did some digging.