7PRC -Prone to Pressure Signs and Carbon Ring Buildup?

Blue_dog

FNG
I have some hornady eldx in 7prc that’s been popping primers out. I’d say about 1/4 of the primers end up in the mag on average suppressed. I’m going to shoot with a brake tomorrow.
Just to update folks that might be interested. Federal eldx was blowing out 1 in every three primers and the velocities were nearly 2900 in an 18in barrel.

Switched to hornady and the fps came down a bit. Fixed a mounting issue in the scope and ran the gun out to 1,000 yards. Headed to the sheep mountains.

Anyone need 3 boxes of federal cheap?

Pure ******* ignorance yet again. And proof that shooting a lot doesn’t really make you an expert in anything. I’d put you as juuuuust less of a charlatan than Cortina. He probably shoots as much as you do, but actually puts his name out there and has skins on the wall. He’s built his entire reputation/persona on precision and he treats his gun like his ass, cleans it after every use.

The 6.5 PRC that after 150 rounds of ammo loaded in the exact same way, with same lot materials, all of a sudden had extremely hard bolt lift with no velo increase, and it went away after a thorough cleaning wasn’t a carbon ring???!?!?

The 22 GT that shot great for the first 500 rounds, then would blow up ~5% of bullets if I went more than twice without cleaning, then at
800+ rounds is blowing up 8-10% regardless?? Nope! Bullets never blow up and cleaning doesn’t matter because some anonymous moron on line said so! 🙄

Anyone reading this thread I would look up what someone like @Frank Green has to say. Again he’s someone who looks at 1,000’s of barrels a year for his living. Not just someone who “sHoOtS a LoT!1!1” and made a name for himself by dropping things…
"At the core of all anger is a need that is not being fulfilled."

Everything okay at home @Megalodon ?