Gun and ammo sales

CorbLand

WKR
Some factories maybe haven't been for a very short time. Minus Remington the major ones have been. And there are many small ammo shops that could disappear and no one would notice. Remington hasn't ran at capacity I bet for years anyways.

You can goa round in a circle about demand vs. supply...but the fact is the demand outweighs the supply where even IF Remington was 100% up and running it would not alleviate the problem. Orders went up hundreds and in some cases 1,000+% in a very short time in an industry where you can't just go by a machine to pump out more ammo and have it running in short order. barring Remington again....capacity is maxed out.
Not really sure what you are saying because it sounds like we are saying the same thing...I was mostly responding to those that say it will be back to "normal" in less than a year. Which I don't see that happening.

Bulldawg

WKR
Anybody have a set of 9mm dies? I didn't think that would be one thing that would become hard to find, but nobody seems to have any in stock.

fwafwow

WKR
I fear the prices won't recover because I worry that today's politicians in power will be more aggressive than those in power before. (I'm not singling out Democrats - I fear all politicians - but Clinton and Obama would probably not fare as well today as they did years ago.) I hope that those who think I'm Chicken Little are right and that in a year they can laugh at me and others and we can admit the extra $ we spent on ammo was a waste.