Gun and ammo sales

Just today I stopped at fleet farm, to get some dog stuff. Ended up having 1200 large rifle primers in stock. Couldn’t walk past. Just keep an eye out and be ready to pick them up as you go
Does anyone know if you can buy primers and ammo in Canada and bring them to the US. Honest question, I have no idea what the laws or restrictions would be. I have a friend with dual citizenship that is able to come and go under current COVID restrictions. I might ask him to do some shopping if it is Kosher.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Pretty sure everything will be back to normal in ~6-12 months and guns/ammo will be plentiful and cheap.

Meanwhile dudes that already had 3x more guns than they need and 5x more ammo will be sitting on 5x more guns than they need and 10x more ammo. This isn’t the first time a Democrat took over and won’t be the last. Remember the only actual change after 8 years of Obama was a ban on bump stocks.
Ya, the new changes are always just like the past ones were.........until they aren't. So you either plan ahead and prepare for "all times", or you roll the dice and hope that this time isn't different. But if you haven't been paying attention over the last several decades, you wouldn't see all the infringements that have already happened and gone pretty much unchecked. Those will continue regardless who's in office or who's in the SCOTUS. History proves that.

Fatcamp

WKR
My wife shoots USPSA and unless something changes won't shoot 2021. Practicing with a CO2 gun for now. Should have bought cases in June.

brsnow

WKR
I believe the vast majority of guns are owned by 1 or 2 percent of the population, i don’t recall the exact numbers, it would seem ammo is similar.

Lawnboi

WKR
Does anyone know if you can buy primers and ammo in Canada and bring them to the US. Honest question, I have no idea what the laws or restrictions would be. I have a friend with dual citizenship that is able to come and go under current COVID restrictions. I might ask him to do some shopping if it is Kosher.
Probably not. I found all I needed and then some in SD last week. Only problem is the limits placed now.

I could have bought and tripled my money. Places with bricks of small rifle primers and black hillls 556/224.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I believe the vast majority of guns are owned by 1 or 2 percent of the population, i don’t recall the exact numbers, it would seem ammo is similar.
That might be a little low, but probably not too far off from reality in regards to being prepared. Only 3% of the Colonists actually fought against the Red Coats for their freedom and liberty. That means that 97% either couldn't or wouldn't. So it's not surprising that so many these days are quick to condemn those that are prepared and willing to fight for our nation's survival which includes those same freedoms and liberties. If we only have 3% this time around that would equate to ~210k people in each state.......which sounds really optimistic to me. So probably closer to 98% that either can't or won't fight for that.

11boo

WKR
If you like to shoot and compete with guns, call me a hoarder. When reloading components and loaded ammo was cheap I went deep. I hope this will pass like all the shortages we have gone thru in the past.

Lawnboi

WKR
I started shooting steel matches last year. 100 rounds was normal for a day of precision rifle shooting. I’m glad I stocked up some while I could. Not looking good for people who want to give it a go next year. Had this been the year I planned on starting, I would have been screwed.

The guys who shoot 20 rounds a year can’t even find a box to hunt with now.

Spoonbill

WKR
If you like to shoot and compete with guns, call me a hoarder. When reloading components and loaded ammo was cheap I went deep. I hope this will pass like all the shortages we have gone thru in the past.
There is a difference between someone who shoots regularly and has 10000 rounds of ammo and the guy who went and bought all the 7.62x39 ammo at Sportsmans for his sks that hasnt left the safe in a decade.
Don’t have a problem with people buying ammo, but I get the feeling people are starting to panic buy just like they did with toilet paper, or 22 ammo under Obama.

brsnow

WKR
That might be a little low, but probably not too far off from reality in regards to being prepared. Only 3% of the Colonists actually fought against the Red Coats for their freedom and liberty. That means that 97% either couldn't or wouldn't. So it's not surprising that so many these days are quick to condemn those that are prepared and willing to fight for our nation's survival which includes those same freedoms and liberties. If we only have 3% this time around that would equate to ~210k people in each state.......which sounds really optimistic to me. So probably closer to 98% that either can't or won't fight for that.
Thankfully the French helped out.

CorbLand

WKR
I will say that it does crack me up the number of people that have come in since Saturday looking for ammo/handguns/ARs and are completely baffled that we don't have any. Its like we haven't dealt with unprecedented sales since March.

Stores will sporadically get things but it will be a couple years before things are on the shelf regularly in solid numbers. We get 2000 primers a week when in January we had 10000 of each type on hand. The problem with this go around versus the Obama days is that factories haven't been running at full capacity either. Demand is up, supply is down and people are buying any ammo they can get their hands on. I don't remember 7 mag being hard to find during the Obama days but we went from shelves full to a couple boxes.

Swampyak

FNG
It's funny the shortage in the stores but I listed a fair amount in a local paper for a few weeks and can even get phone calls on it

TheGDog

WKR
In light of recent events, what's happening over there?

Example: Wanted to get a Glock G29 for backwoods carry.

First of all, I couldn't believe how empty looking the gun counter looked at the Turners Outdoorsman in Fountain Valley.

I go up... told him what I want, had my FSC (Firearms Safety Card - a stupid little piece of paper that means you can answer idiot firearm questions without EFF-ing it up.) They told me 4 to 6 week backup they'd been having lately.

I pay a deposit. Since they don't actually have the firearm on site, no serial number, so ya gotta weight until it comes in... they've entered it in their system, and you have a serial number to start the DROS with (background check)

Since I was there, I asked if it was possible to fill out the 4473 form while I was there. Thankfully the young gentleman agreed and sounds like they've been doing it this way for some time now. We do the paperwork. He explains that they'll call me back once they have a serial number and can start DROS.

Surprisingly, it only took about 2 weeks until they got in the new firearm. I go back Friday to pick it up!

-=-=-=-

Back to inside the place though. Wow. Never saw the place look THAT cleared out before! The rifle/shotgun display behind them was VERY slim pickens and usually is not. Usually there's lots of drool material in the rack and in the counter. The pistol counter was CRAZY bare!

But apparently everybody and their Mama has been gettin' wised-up to how things just might go down now that the idiots have voted-in a senile old man together with what will be the de facto President... a lying, fake-ass, conniving female.

Americans are in for quite the uphill battle now in terms of their gun rights. Problem is... soo many of them are soo bleepin' stupid, they think that's a good thing SMDH.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
About 1/3 (up to 45% depending on the window in time) of the Colonists actively supported the independence movement, about 1/3 actively sided with England, and the remainder just wanted to get on with their lives. The 3% number comes from the 80,000 who filed for pensions or bounty-land following the war, hardly an accurate count of how many fought, both in organized forces and as irregulars. A total of about 231,000 men served in the Continental Army during the war (though not at one time), another 145,000 or more served in irregular militias. 2,780,369 is the estimated population in 1780, so closer to 13.5 percent of the population took up arms against the King of England during the war, this was without conscription. About 11% of all Americans fought in WWII, this was with conscription.

Currently (as of 2018), only about 7% of the US population has served in the military, over one third (6.4 million) of that is made up of Vietnam Veterans, 3.8 million are those who served after 9/11 (about 1.5% of the population). Less than 0.5% of the US population currently serves in the military.

Glad to hear that hording 10K rounds would put me on the same level as that less than 0.5% who have an open check written to the nation that says 'up to and including my life.' I had not realized that honor could be purchased for less than a used Chevy.

Glad to see I am one of the 1.5% who served after 9/11. I feel like that gives me to luxury to buy and keep as much ammo as I feel necessary

I wouldn’t consider myself a hoarder, but over the last year, I decided to make sure I had enough to not worry about practicing or hunting the rest of the year. Glad I did.

WCB

WKR
I will say that it does crack me up the number of people that have come in since Saturday looking for ammo/handguns/ARs and are completely baffled that we don't have any. Its like we haven't dealt with unprecedented sales since March.

Stores will sporadically get things but it will be a couple years before things are on the shelf regularly in solid numbers. We get 2000 primers a week when in January we had 10000 of each type on hand. The problem with this go around versus the Obama days is that factories haven't been running at full capacity either. Demand is up, supply is down and people are buying any ammo they can get their hands on. I don't remember 7 mag being hard to find during the Obama days but we went from shelves full to a couple boxes.
Some factories maybe haven't been for a very short time. Minus Remington the major ones have been. And there are many small ammo shops that could disappear and no one would notice. Remington hasn't ran at capacity I bet for years anyways.

You can goa round in a circle about demand vs. supply...but the fact is the demand outweighs the supply where even IF Remington was 100% up and running it would not alleviate the problem. Orders went up hundreds and in some cases 1,000+% in a very short time in an industry where you can't just go by a machine to pump out more ammo and have it running in short order. barring Remington again....capacity is maxed out.

Spoonbill

WKR
Some factories maybe haven't been for a very short time. Minus Remington the major ones have been. And there are many small ammo shops that could disappear and no one would notice. Remington hasn't ran at capacity I bet for years anyways.

You can goa round in a circle about demand vs. supply...but the fact is the demand outweighs the supply where even IF Remington was 100% up and running it would not alleviate the problem. Orders went up hundreds and in some cases 1,000+% in a very short time in an industry where you can't just go by a machine to pump out more ammo and have it running in short order. barring Remington again....capacity is maxed out.
Don’t forget international companies were shut down or operating at a smaller capacity than normal. I imagine that the US wasn’t the only country where people started to hoard ammo as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's funny the shortage in the stores but I listed a fair amount in a local paper for a few weeks and can even get phone calls on it
Try Armslist. I sold a bunch of ammo, primers, and powder in just a few days in September and October......mostly stuff I don't want or need anymore.