Guide reserves right to cancel Hunt?

Sounds like the guide just didn’t spend the time or money to define more specifically when they want the opportunity to cancel.

Last edited:

weaver

WKR
Regardless of what's in the contract you're at the mercy of your outfitter on if you'll have a great hunt or not.
He could pull a guy off the street to guide you and fulfill his end of the deal by the letter of the contract.
Me personally, I'd rather have my money back and take my chances on my own than deal with an outfitter that isn't capable or doesn't care about my hunt.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Bottom line is there is nothing that would kill a guides career faster than cancelling hunts and getting a bad reputation so there would likely have to be extenuating circumstances for a cancellation. That being said any business needs to cover their butts in their contract language otherwise they could face a huge financial loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my 20 year guiding career I’ve put one guest in handcuffs , turned him over to troopers.
Picked up four from a local air taxi, pilot said good luck these guys are A.. H.... stop at the store in King Salmon for a few supplies, by the time we were out of there I took them to the airport and dropped them off.
Had a guy fly in some hookers, yep he was done
Had a guy get so drunk he pissed his bed, next night he fell off the dock.
Guiding bird hunts, my partners dog got killed last year, some piss poor gun handling lead to a quiet rebuke later followed by something similar to ive been in three gun fights, I don’t want four, don’t point that at me again.
They all got their money back less the days they had been there.
I gotta say I found it interesting how many people thought the guide was out to screw the hunter. Next time you get to know a guide, take a look at the margins, the return on investment, they are pretty thin. You gotta keep everyone happy or you’ll go broke.
Sounds like some good work was done here to keep everyone happy.

*zap*

WKR
Too me 'any reason' sounds better than 'I am sending you on your way if your a jack off'.

:love:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Too me 'any reason' sounds better than 'I am sending you on your way if your a jack off'.

Hence why I'm not a guide...............or a lawyer....................sounds like perfectly good language to me. I cancel your hunt because your a jerk and I can't stand the thought of interacting with you for 1 more second would also be proper language. Quail hunting can get pretty western with a bunch of morons. Most places I have hunted have a shot dog clause. If 1 pellet hits the dog congrats you own a $5000 dog plus vet bills.

OP
J

jerkeejoe

FNG

Unfortunately, using language in a contract because it sounds better than using accurate and succinct language is nearly always a recipe for ambiguity and litigation.

OP
J

jerkeejoe

FNG
That’s a joke by the way. I’m just finishing up a long week of watching you people hash out the definitions of common English words.

I picked up on the joke. There’s not a laughing sad emoji or I would have used it. 😁

Poser

WKR
f3f92ae10d65596acb515b3e6c56321a.jpg

Interesting thread and a lot of good perspectives. I definitely can see both sides. I am glad that everything worked out and I look forward to seeing your monster bull :)