Goat Knives ghosting me?

My buddy owns a small business geared towards outdoor gear. Many times people have come on here just as the OP has causing a ruckus, only to find out the business’ reply got sent to their spam folder and they replied instantly…even after they say “I checked my spam folder already!”. It happens a more than you think.

Not saying this is the case here…but shit happens. No need to rally the troops for a hanging. I agree communication is very important, but as stated you are a week or less past their estimated completion time…going to be a hard sell to find sympathy here.

I don't know that the OP is upset by the fact that the knife hasn't shipped but maybe is more concerned that it hasn't shipped coupled with the fact that he has reached out to the company multiple times with no response.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could say that wouldn't raise concerns or suspicions.
Absolutely
They have a bussiness and take your money.
Product should be on the way or not charge until back in stock.
If he has time to hunt and post pics than he has time to respond to customers.
Or he won’t have them long!

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hit them with that credit card dispute. There’s tons of companies to do business with, no reason to deal with companies who you feel treat you poorly.

Dispute the charge and find a company that you like to deal with.

This isnt friendship, it’s business and companies don’t get to **** with your hard earned $$$ just because they want to. Dispute the charge and move on.

fwafwow

WKR
I ordered a Capra Hunter Ti from Goat website on August 15, which is 21 days ago. No response to two emails I've sent, and no shipping notification. If I haven't heard anything by Monday I'm reporting a fraudulent transaction to my cc co. Can't think of a valid excuse for taking payment and then ghosting customers for 3 weeks.
The bold is what got my attention. Maybe if you had posted something along the lines of “Has anyone dealt with Goat? I ordered 8/15 and although the estimated ship time is 2 weeks, it’s been 3 and I’ve not heard back from my 2 emails. Anyone know anything about this company, or have any suggestions?”

Instead it sounds like you have your mind made up, unless you get this thread to result in some action over this weekend? I feel your annoyance, but it will all be ok.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The bold is what got my attention. Maybe if you had posted something along the lines of “Has anyone dealt with Goat? I ordered 8/15 and although the estimated ship time is 2 weeks, it’s been 3 and I’ve not heard back from my 2 emails. Anyone know anything about this company, or have any suggestions?”

Instead it sounds like you have your mind made up, unless you get this thread to result in some action over this weekend? I feel your annoyance, but it will all be ok.
Id dispute that on the CC with the quickness. If they can’t deliver they shouldn’t be posting.

Just say you’re sold out so people can look elsewhere. I’d have zero remorse about filing a credit card complaint. I work my ass of for my money, companies don’t get to dick me around.

Id dispute that on the CC with the quickness. If they can’t deliver they shouldn’t be posting.

Just say you’re sold out so people can look elsewhere. I’d have zero remorse about filing a credit card complaint. I work my ass of for my money, companies don’t get to dick me around.
Would your tune change if a company had a product you really wanted? Same situation where x, y, z happened and production fell behind schedule? And this product couldn’t be pboutht elsewhere, or maybe could find an equivalent with lead times also? Just curious on where you’d draw the line since you sound pretty one sided.

Example that’s probably most common is gunsmiths or custom barrels is what comes to mind.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Would your tune change if a company had a product you really wanted? Same situation where x, y, z happened and production fell behind schedule? And this product couldn’t be pboutht elsewhere, or maybe could find an equivalent with lead times also? Just curious on where you’d draw the line since you sound pretty one sided.

Example that’s probably most common is gunsmiths or custom barrels is what comes to mind.
If they were responsive to my email questions, yes my tune would change. If they ghosted me, no. I’d dispute that charge and not think twice.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved

Interestingly, disputing a charge is one thing, but reporting it as fraud when one made the purchase is, well, fraud itself. I just assumed the OP intended to say he would dispute the charge.

Disputing a charge should be a last resort, people like the OP are why I charge more selling things in the classifieds. I have offered discounts for unsecured payment methods in the past, but idiots ask for the discount price and to just pay the much smaller CC fee, because I guess some people are too stupid to read what is written in plan English, so now I just ask for enough to be worth my trouble. I'd literally rather throw a few hundred dollars away than have to deal with a jackass. Ok, thread jack and rant over.

hopefully you get your knife.. there have been lots of issues with shipping and delivery lately.

IdahoElk

WKR
I don't think it's good customer service, I'd get my money back and move on to someone else. If enough people do this maybe the vendor will change their business practices.

IdahoElk

WKR
Interestingly, disputing a charge is one thing, but reporting it as fraud when one made the purchase is, well, fraud itself. I just assumed the OP intended to say he would dispute the charge.

Disputing a charge should be a last resort, people like the OP are why I charge more selling things in the classifieds. I have offered discounts for unsecured payment methods in the past, but idiots ask for the discount price and to just pay the much smaller CC fee, because I guess some people are too stupid to read what is written in plan English, so now I just ask for enough to be worth my trouble. I'd literally rather throw a few hundred dollars away than have to deal with a jackass. Ok, thread jack and rant over.
Do you sell items online for a living? I have in the past and for items of a few dollars to a few thousand, all sales received emails confirming purchase with estimated shipping dates and upon shipping received tracking numbers, Goat knives seems to be a large business and needs to be more professional. Just my opinion.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Do you sell items online for a living?
No
I have in the past and for items of a few dollars to a few thousand, all sales received emails confirming purchase with estimated shipping dates and upon shipping received tracking numbers, Goat knives seems to be a large business and needs to be more professional. Just my opinion.
I actually agree they need to be more professional, I'm not included to buy from them directly (it helps that they don't make anything I want).

Of course, there is always the possibility that they have been and the OP missed the return communication. I get people who complain that our office never returns there calls, but I can see the documentation of a message left, and three attempts made to get ahold of them.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
Your experience with Goat is not the first bad experience I’ve read about them. I’ve looked on their instagram page and lots of people are complaining about them. They haven’t posted in almost a year and their website has t changed in quite a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered one directly from their site August 8th, said it was in stock at the time. Pretty much the same scenario. Couple emails, no response. Ordered a Tyto elsewhere and am taking that on the hunt I'm leaving for tomorrow. When I get back in a couple of weeks, I'll reach out one more time.