Gila DNA Outfitters, David Silva - Reserve, New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unfortunate. Especially frustrating for a guy like me that guides professionally. We cant have this nonsense in the outfitter guide community, considering the day and age when everyone hates guides and outfitters. This only adds to tgat fuel. Hopefully this thread helps stop monkeys like that.

Hope this doesn't spoil you completely on outfitters. There are good ones out there
This guy has no Business hunting with an outfitter. If you read my response you will know why. He hunted 10 days with no shot opportunity
Mr. Silva, you have every right to share your side of the story and it is great that you did.

I have been in the guiding business since the 90s, please refrain from insulting clients for any reason ever, it is petty and it does not cast a good light. You may be the best guide in NM. however you can't treat people that way and not expect back lash!

State your facts and keep the insults to yourself!

Regards.
What exactly was in the video?
It was a guy running in the wood with a bugle tube from the back you can’t tell how it was. The post said he all know that one hunter lol.

NB7

WKR
You only make fun of clients with the other guides or in the cleaning shack. Never on video. And anyone that has guided says they have never made fun of any are a liar. It’s a way of coping and not strangling the bad ones.

Agreed 100% ^^^

I guided hunters for waterfowl and deer for 15+ years. Every guide comes across a client that knows better on how to do it, or saw a hunting video where it was done this way instead. or insists on blowing their crap sounding call, or is a very poor shot, or can't follow basic instructions like not pie-facing the birds, or wants to grunt and rattle when it's not the right time to do it, etc.

Because of this, I would be more inclined to believe the guide's version of how the hunt went. BUT...unfortunately I think he's yanking the rug right out from under his own feet with his behavior with the Instagram post and a few other things. Publicly making fun of a client? Bad move. Sort of like that guy at work that talks sh!t on everyone who's not around, and so you damn well know that means he's gonna talk about YOU when YOU'RE not around. Makes you want to keep on looking for a different outfitter. If it weren't for that, and it was just a matter of OP's post about his experience vs the guide's response, probly would give the benefit of the doubt to the guide. But maybe the tie goes to the client

Competence is certainly an attribute that I value in a guide. However, I also see maturity, patience, and humility to be just as important.

I feel that the guide had a perfect opportunity to come onto this platform and set the record straight, as well as acknowledge and own his own mistakes. Instead, he doubled down and went on grammatically incoherent rants that further insulted the client.

As popular as this forum is, I can’t imagine that this thread doesn’t have a negative impact on his business.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Why is anyone giving David Silva any speck of credibility?? I agree with all the "truth is in the middle" for the most part. But OP came on here and wrote a measured, well worded recount of his experience. Then David Silva, who has already shown on social media that he lacks common decency at best, standard morals at worst, posts his "side" which is a caricature of about the worst hunter possible and people are giving that equal measure?

I think David Silva got caught and called out as lacking character. This IS his livelihood, so now he has to come up with whatever he can to save his bacon. He certainly seems like the type that isn't sorry for what they did, just sorry they got called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.