Giardia

OP
J

Jamesj

FNG
FNG with 2 posts in thread he created about about ivermectin. FING TROLL :ROFLMAO:
I am not a troll. I posted under poisonarrowgear. I actually advertised on here for a while. Changed to my name, I am not selling the blinds anymore.

taskswap

WKR
You don't happen to be a liberal, do you? You seem like the type that believes the government has your best interest in mind.... I could go on for days
I own way too many guns to be a liberal, LOL. That doesn't mean I drink bleach because somebody told me to. And it doesn't mean I trust an experiment as factual or statistically meaningful because one guy heard something on a podcast and "the libs don't want you to know it."

Owlman

FNG
When I was young, maybe 5 or 6 years old, I vividly remember eating a whole patch of mushrooms that were under a tree in my backyard. Might have been a dozen or so little brown ones. Since I'm still alive, I have to assume they weren't poisonous. Still, to this day I thank God he let me live through that dangerous stunt. I wonder how many other kids have done that. I'm sure it's not a small number as kids are really curious.

As a person in the drinking water/wastewater business, I strongly urge you not to test it! Giardia is tough egg to crack. Literally. It firms a strong shell that is almost immune to chlorine. Once you get it, it’s hard to get rid of because it can live outside the body as a cyst for quite some time. I would think you would need a steady dose of ivermectin to beat it, once it breaks out of its shell and starts dividing.

I got Giardia in the mid 90s on a fishing trip to the High Sierras. I used to wash my face in the creek and rinse my hands in it. I thought that at 7000 ft that it was safe. As soon as I got home from mountains it hit me, "Muy Malo" for 5 days.

Axlrod

WKR
As a person in the drinking water/wastewater business, I strongly urge you not to test it! Giardia is tough egg to crack. Literally. It firms a strong shell that is almost immune to chlorine. Once you get it, it’s hard to get rid of because it can live outside the body as a cyst for quite some time. I would think you would need a steady dose of ivermectin to beat it, once it breaks out of its shell and starts dividing.
Telling someone not to consume a dangerous parasite is like telling them to only put 1 bullet in the gun when playing russian roulette!

Telling someone not to consume a dangerous parasite is like telling them to only put 1 bullet in the gun when playing russian roulette!
Good point. Although we still need to put warning decals on discharge chutes of lawnmowers .

Yoder

WKR
To get emergency use status for a vaccine you have to have no other treatment available. Big pharma got paid billions of dollars to develop and manufacture the vaccines. Then they CHARGED us money for them on top of it and have full immunity from any side effects. Knowing this, do you think all the information about Ivermectin not being helpful as an antiviral is unbiased? It costs a couple dollars a pill and has almost zero side effects. There was no down side to taking the drug. We all wore masks made out of cotton that pretty much filter nothing because they "helped", but taking a drug that has shown promise in reducing covid symptoms and transmission is tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. Brought to you by Pfizer.

Would I use it and see if it prevents Giardia? No way in hell. Seems like that would be an easy question for Google.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Good point. Although we still need to put warning decals on discharge chutes of lawnmowers .
No, we do NOT "need" to put warning decals on stuff. Unfortunately, the nanny state believes we do. Coddling idiocy just promotes more idiocy. Would I take Ivermectin after contracting some water-born parasite? Sure, but not before contracting it. And I sure as heck am not going to intentionally ingest questionable water.

To really see its potential usefulness in giardia, I think it should be tried minimum of 10 times and 30 is better. Much like shooting groups of 10-30 to see your rifles cone. This way you have a better statistical base for your conclusions. Good luck and keep us posted!

Tod osier

WKR
I was watching a podcast on ivermectin and covid. It hit me. Would ivermectin prevent giardia? Giardia is caused by a parasite and ivermectin has a wonderful track record in preventing parasites in humans. I took some and will try drinking unfiltered water and we shall see!

If you really want to make it scientific, I have a good friend that has giardia now that he isn't treating. He could send you a sample to inoculate yourself for a formal trial.