Gas can rant…

Wrench

WKR

These pour from the bottom....and FAST yet 100% controllable. No drips, no waiting, no awkward twisting and no batteries.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The funnel doesn’t work with this type because you have to push the nozzle back into itself to release the gas. If that makes sense.
Your explanation makes sense, but the government spouts make absolutely no sense. Someone once told me to focus on the positives instead of the negatives. I replied "If I focus on the positives, then nothing ever gets fixed". This is what happens in government......they start focusing on things that already work (the positives), and then screw those things up royally, just because they were focusing on what already worked. Nope.......we all need to be focusing on the negatives, so those can be fixed. And right now, these government gas spouts are a big negative/problem. Fortunately there is already a fix for them........aftermarket spouts. But that still doesn't fix the root of the problem.......a government searching to fix stuff that doesn't need fixing........while everything (and I mean everything) else really does need fixing because they already screwed those things up. (n)

Fortunately, I already have my 5gal metal Jerry cans from the 80's and several older plastic cans with good spouts. But my new diesel 5gal jug needs a new spout. These government spouts make a guy just want to pour an entire can of gas down the storm drains.....just because. Kind of like letting the diesel run just for the heck of it........to help with the climate change initiatives.

Last edited:

FLATHEAD

WKR
I just unscrew the whole nozzle assembly off the can and pour
directly into a funnel.

I just unscrew the whole nozzle assembly off the can and pour
directly into a funnel.

I’ve purchased new spouts for mine and vent caps that you just drill a hole and pop into the can. Makes them just like they should be and like they used to be when they actually worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
No good deed goes unpunished!!!! I drained the gas out of my rzr and went to fill it with ethanol free gas for the winter. As I put the nozzle into the fill hole it slipped in all the way. When I pulled it out the little black plastic clip popped off inside my gas tank. I’m an hour into trying to get it out.

I filled the entire tank hoping it would float to the full hole…nope.

Then I pulled the fuel pump hoping it would float to the bigger hole in the middle of the tank…nope.

Now I’m siphoning all the gas and hoping I can reach my Arm in there and feel around for it.

Next idea is to fill it with tannerite and blow it up.

CURSE THE MAN THAT CAME UP WITH THESE NEW GAS CANS!!!!

Fml. Rant over…View attachment 490342
I bet that can says "EPA approved" on it. That explains it and I curse them every time I spill gas all over trying to use mine.

I have a few gas cans from Tractor Supply that are clones of the VP ones, but I find them awkward/difficult to hold while pouring and have a hard time not spilling out of the vent cap.. am I the only one?

WCB

WKR
Menards and Home Depot around me have the old school nozzles sold separately right above the new cans. I happily pay the extra 5-10 bucks for them. I think I have 5 or 6 just sitting in the package in my garage right now.

All it takes to be spill proof is to twist up a shop rag and stick it in the end...F'n Government.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
As an outsider looking in, the USA has some amazing laws such as your 2A. Then there is the opposite end of the spectrum....................
The 2A isn't a law, it's a Constitutional amendment that tells the government and the courts that our "right to bear arms" shall not even be infringed upon by them. Yet they do it all the time, and the courts look the other way for some reason. SMH

But you can bet that if the government is involved, the situation will be FUBAR'd in a hurry, and these gas cans and spouts are a perfect example of that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I use a Sure Can. No such problems with them. The govt just likes to complicate things to make themselves feel important. They have failed at that miserably.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I should have taken a photo of all the shit I pulled out of the gas tank on the first boat I bought. It was a 1983 inboard. There were plastic things, chunks of wire, pieces of rubber hose. It was dumb. The fuel pumps kept it from getting sucked up though.

Fatcamp

WKR
Got some of these but never use them

Screenshot_20221222-060023_Chrome.jpg

These work really well. I like being able to carry gas around with no smell.

download.jpeg

Unreal Canda can have real gas cans and New Zealand can have 2-stroke outboards, but these clowns make us settle for @#$%.

I should have taken a photo of all the shit I pulled out of the gas tank on the first boat I bought. It was a 1983 inboard. There were plastic things, chunks of wire, pieces of rubber hose. It was dumb. The fuel pumps kept it from getting sucked up though.

That's what happens trying to fish the first item out....

Like when you drill out that stuck bolt, stick the ez out in and then snap that bastard off.