Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I’ve had so many poor customer service interactions in the past month I’m starting to feel like poor service is just the normal thing now.

At this point I have zero sympathy for companies that perform poorly. I honestly hope pew pew solutions goes under. One less shady business out there. I know it’s petty but whatever.

I recently had one place try to charge me a 30% restocking fee unless I wanted to trade the product out. The kicker was that they wouldn’t just let me send the one I didn’t want in to be traded out, I had to actually buy the new one and wait 2-3 weeks to get refunded. This was a company I’ve probably spent 10k at over the past few years.

It’s all just a money grab, companies selling stuff they don’t have and they know they won’t have (pew pew solutions), companies trying to charge for returns, advertising free shipping then having some loophole of why you don’t qualify for it.

For the record too, my pew pew solutions refund is locked up. I’ll be doing a visa chargeback with them. It took them about .5 seconds to take my money, I shouldn’t have to wait 5-7 days to get it back.

Rant over.
I have never had a credit card refund be instant, it always takes a few days and I don't think it is because of the person/business refunding.

Pew Pew Solutions responded quickly to me and issued the refund. I see that as quite reasonable.

I have few truly bad customer service interactions. I deal with plenty of people who bitch about things not being done in a way that would be prohibitively expensive because they simply don't understand. Companies are run by people, some do a better job than others. Just like some people would not have tried to save a dime by ordering through Pew Pew Solutions to start with as it was clear that he did not have the product in hand at the time of the order.

Sometimes I think problems cluster not just because of randomness, but because we get frustrated and start seeing/creating problems where there is not one.

Anyway, I'll go **** off. You can PM me and tell me to do the same, I promises not to complain if it is done in the next 24 hours.....

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have never had a credit card refund be instant, it always takes a few days and I don't think it is because of the person/business refunding.

Pew Pew Solutions responded quickly to me and issued the refund. I see that as quite reasonable.

I have few truly bad customer service interactions. I deal with plenty of people who bitch about things not being done in a way that would be prohibitively expensive because they simply don't understand. Companies are run by people, some do a better job than others. Just like some people would not have tried to save a dime by ordering through Pew Pew Solutions to start with as it was clear that he did not have the product in hand at the time of the order.

Sometimes I think problems cluster not just because of randomness, but because we get frustrated and start seeing/creating problems where there is not one.

Anyway, I'll go **** off. You can PM me and tell me to do the same, I promises not to complain if it is done in the next 24 hours.....
You are right on all points. I usually order from known places rather than shopping around to save a few bucks. I should have just gone straight so S&S archery or somewhere similar.

TxLite

WKR
Well, looks like I won’t have it this weekend.. but at least we have movement finally. This will probably be my last order with pew pew. I’m glad it was $120 off, but man that shipping time sucked.

8E6185ED-681A-4D74-AB86-FC0FFA9D7357.jpeg

BigDog00

WKR
Well, looks like I won’t have it this weekend.. but at least we have movement finally. This will probably be my last order with pew pew. I’m glad it was $120 off, but man that shipping time sucked.

View attachment 652582
Mine also finally shipped. I sent them an email earlier this week and didn't receive a direct response but got a "shipping notification" about an hour later. I hate when companies print the label but don't actually send it out. They could just as easily send me a response saying we expect them in a few days and will send an update out then.

They definitely screwed the pooch on this one.

The one I ordered from front range gun dog last week showed up today, not sure if they still have any left

kodiak725

FNG
Anybody order from Garmin if so what is current wait time ?
Also ordered from Garmin on 12/27. Haven’t seen any updates yet on my order nor have I seen anything recent on forums confirming if their wait times are accurate.

Huntfish1

FNG
You can even name the different "sessions" you have going and easily rotate back and forth
@Nbowlin, can you elaborate on this for us? I think there are quite a few of us wondering about this and I’ve now read through this entire thread but it seems that the common answer is that you cannot. I’ve still been waiting to purchase one because this is a feature I would use a lot. Interestingly enough I called Garmin the day these came out ready to pull the trigger but wanted to know this and they said you could resume a session. Then they called me back about 30 minutes later and told me they were mistaken! I let him know that was going to be a big issue for people who go to the range with multiple rifles and as much of a piece of garbage as it is, even my 130$ cheap pro chrono can do that. They really thought about their app. I can move shots from string to string, edit strings, name strings and go back and resume any string I want after switching rifles. Now, it is the absolute worst thing to setup and use but their app works. I feel like if this is still an issue that an update would fix it but haven’t found a solid answer on it yet. I’ve called a couple people I know that shoot quite a bit and everyone said they haven’t tried to use it like that yet

Duh

WKR
I have a question that may have already been asked and answered already. What are you guys imputing for chronograph distance in your ballistics apps with the Garmin? My guess would be 0 yards/inches since it’s likely sitting next to the gun but is that exactly right?

I know with my magnetospeed I would input 6inches for the distance and that always seemed to be spot on.

Just curious what others are doing before I start using mine this week.

TxLite

WKR
Got mine today. Was planning on testing with my bow but the weather sucks. Looking forward to the unit though. So far seems nice

gman82001

WKR
Hope get to try it this weekend but had to get it all pretty in its $8 harbor freight case 😂

Just glad S&S archery was in stock the same day I got my email from pew pew tactical made the decision to cancel really easy

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 32
Got mine today (finally!). First thing I noticed was how tiny the shickenpoop little plastic tripod was. Didn't want to chance it blowing off, or getting inadvertently knocked off the bench. I figgered that was reason enough to spend $20 on a tripod upgrade. I reckon a wider footprint will be more stable, and adjustable for a tad more height when prone or in un-mowed grass. A little tabletop aluminum job with a ballhead from amazon fits the bill just right.

You can use it with, or without the ballhead. I chose to leave it attached to the head, and swing and lock the unit to side when not in use. It is 5"x9 1/2" when folded. A couple pics, with and without the head....

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0582.jpeg

Last edited: