Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

1Snowcat

FNG
Ordered Jan 2, 2024 got it yesterday (Jan 23rd) from Garmin....

Can't wait to try it out!

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Well, they are not a fan of cold (most electronics are not).

My range conditions today

Screenshot_20240127_124306.jpg

I got 32 shots in, then the Garmin flashed message that read something like "internal temp nearing critical" and shut off.

In all fairness, the LCD screen on my Kestrel was freezing up.

how are you guys finding the speeds compare to the magnato? i have seen reports that the garmins is slightly slower pretty consistently.

how are you guys finding the speeds compare to the magnato? i have seen reports that the garmins is slightly slower pretty consistently.

Yeah, but only 2-5 fps. That is mostly due to the fact that the Magnetospeed is right at the end of your barrel and the Garmin is picking up the shot a few feet from the muzzle.

If 2-5 fps is enough for you to continue to have to continually f-around with keeping the Magneto tight around your barrel/suppressor, the wired connection, and no bluetooth, then don't make the switch.

ljalberta

WKR
I had the MS sporter and now the Garmin. I never did a same-time head to head. But have noticed the Garmin reporting speeds about 20-30 fps slower. Based on previous trueing, the speeds from the Garmin are more accurate.

sndmn11

WKR
I tried to find the answer here and elsewhere.

Can a session be paused/ended and the restarted later on?

I.e. can I shoot 10 500gr arrows, switch sessions and shoot 400grain arrows 100x, then go back to the 500gr arrow session a week later and shoot 100x for a total of 110 500gr arrows' worth of data?

atmat

WKR
I tried to find the answer here and elsewhere.

Can a session be paused/ended and the restarted later on?

I.e. can I shoot 10 500gr arrows, switch sessions and shoot 400grain arrows 100x, then go back to the 500gr arrow session a week later and shoot 100x for a total of 110 500gr arrows' worth of data?
Nope, not that I’ve found.

sndmn11

WKR
Nope, not that I’ve found.

Is the data easily downloaded to the app or a computer so the data can be combined in those locations?

I borrowed @Ucsdryder 's for a week and liked it, but did not download the app. I had read various places that what I am asking about wasn't possible on the unit. At the same time @TheViking stopped by and thought it was possible on the app itself.

It would be nice if within the app there was a data set (session) I could label Kyle's 30-06 180berger, and add data to it anytime. Then also have a data set Cindy's 7-08 145barnes and add to that anytime. Whether it's months apart or just at the range taking turns.

ljalberta

WKR
I haven’t found a way to stop and restart sessions later even in the app. Maybe that will come later, but it does not appear possible right now.

You can export sessions as a CSV. I tried to attach one here as an example, but it wouldn’t let me.

No dice on merging or continuing sessions as far as I can tell at this point.

atmat

WKR
Is the data easily downloaded to the app or a computer so the data can be combined in those locations?

I borrowed @Ucsdryder 's for a week and liked it, but did not download the app. I had read various places that what I am asking about wasn't possible on the unit. At the same time @TheViking stopped by and thought it was possible on the app itself.

It would be nice if within the app there was a data set (session) I could label Kyle's 30-06 180berger, and add data to it anytime. Then also have a data set Cindy's 7-08 145barnes and add to that anytime. Whether it's months apart or just at the range taking turns.
You can export to Excel and manipulate there on your computer. It’s easy if your loads are different enough to see which group is which.

If you're shooting loads with similar velocities then it’s really up your record keeping to keep it all straight.

The lack of start/stop sessions is Garmin’s biggest drawback, and I suspect they’ll fix that in a software update

Edit: Bjorn16 pointed out you can name sessions — I forgot about that.

Last edited:

BjornF16

WKR
You can export to Excel and manipulate there on your computer. It’s easy if your loads are different enough to see which group is which.

If you're shooting loads with similar velocities then it’s really up your record keeping to keep it all straight.
In the iPhone app, you can rename the session to keep everything “straight” as well as add bullet weight after you have ended the session on the Garmin.

I have merged several sessions into Excel by exporting the csv

atmat

WKR
In the iPhone app, you can rename the session to keep everything “straight” as well as add bullet weight after you have ended the session on the Garmin.

I have merged several sessions into Excel by exporting the csv
I totally forgot about that. You’re right.

archp625

WKR
I love mine. I have used it for both archery and rifle. My only complaint, which others may love, is that I don't need fps to the 10th. Just give me whole numbers.

MtnW

WKR
Love mine. One of the best products to come along in quite sometime for anyone into shooting/hand loading . Started with a Oehler 35P which was a excellent chronograph and used it for 25 years. Some of the ranges I used were public and didn’t allow down range sky screens. Went to a LabRadar and used it one time, what a hassle to set up and use. A year later after purchasing the LabRadar the Garmin became available and I couldn’t get rid of the LabRadar fast enough. It takes me all of two minutes to have the Garmin set up and running.