Garmin Xero C1: new chronograph

Bluefish

WKR
So what data can you put into the string info on the Garmin?

Can you use custom names?
Can you put in environmental data?
Can you put a note on each shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
You can name the strings. There is a note field For both a string and each shot. It doesn’t appear to have a specific field for environmental data like LR. Looks like that will have to go under notes which are limited to 200 characters.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Got one from Scheels 12% off with Active Junky and some other discounts. Excited to try out this weekend with suppressed sub Sonic 22LR, centerfire, and the bow.
Flawless. All things I shot through it went perfect. 5 shot centerfire string was within 1fps average as magnetospeed.

Attachments

• 71960933269__D3852F16-ADC3-4702-A873-4BAE375D8355.jpeg
    71960933269__D3852F16-ADC3-4702-A873-4BAE375D8355.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 49
OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
it is so easy to use. Faster and easier to deal with data than LR and MS

I am bummed, you can only run one gun at a time, and can’t go back to it. I was thinking you could.

More info to follow.

Tahoe1305

WKR
it is so easy to use. Faster and easier to deal with data than LR and MS

I am bummed, you can only run one gun at a time, and can’t go back to it. I was thinking you could.

More info to follow.
What do you mean by this?

Why would you want to run more than one gun at a time? Just shoot a set, end the session. It saves and sends to phone. Then shoot another.

What am I missing?

How do you like the functionality of the Garmin app?

Is the Bluetooth connection reliable? Is the app intuitive and simple to navigate?

Can you download the data from the device onto a PC?

Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR

Is the Bluetooth connection reliable? Is the app intuitive and simple to navigate?

Appreciate the feedback.
I think it’s seamless.

Hit two buttons on device that ends session. Pull up phone and it’s there (I did nothing or waited at all). You can go back in and name them whatever and add notes. For me it’s about as close to perfect as possible.

Haven’t tried to download. Appears you can export a csv file. Excel should be able to import it.

Attachments

• IMG_8937.png
    IMG_8937.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8936.png
    IMG_8936.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8938.png
    IMG_8938.png
    224 KB · Views: 37

Bluefish

WKR

Appreciate the feedback.
Functionality is a lot more limited than LR. It basically gives speed and summary data for a string. What is there is easy to use. The one string I tested had to be started from the unit, couldnt see how to do it from my phone. Not really an issue as the unit is smaller than my phone. No lining up like a lr, just place on the bench and go.

bluetooth is solid. Even reconnected when I opened the app with the unit on. Can’t get LR to stay connected for a whole string.

you can email or text the “data” it’s a simple summary of the shot string and shot speeds. Did not see any way to hook the unit to a computer. Not data like the LR. a single note field is available for each shot and another for the string.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks to all who are giving feedback. Am I correct that the app is basic in that it isn’t also a ballistic calculator?

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry, I didn’t mess with downloading data or looking on my phone.

I just put it into AB after a string. Five rifles I shot were for friends and I don’t download data for long term analysis like I will for mine.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can one of you who already have theirs measure the length with the tripod attached and closed, as if youre going to store it?

Edit: @Meety Peety - what case is that, fits perfect.
Fits perfect in pelican 1040. Could use interior dimensions of that. Rubber it comes with provides perfect tension.

I spent the week trying to find the smallest hard case. This is best I could do with it attached. With tripod removed you can maybe shave another 1”.

Attachments

• 71988818341__392C2305-1AB2-47D9-B7E1-FA236139FACC.jpeg
    71988818341__392C2305-1AB2-47D9-B7E1-FA236139FACC.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 57
Fits perfect in pelican 1040. Could use interior dimensions of that. Rubber it comes with provides perfect tension.

I spent the week trying to find the smallest hard case. This is best I could do with it attached. With tripod removed you can maybe shave another 1”.

Ah, I have a 1050 laying around, but i think its a touch shorter in length than the 1040, but taller. Im going to put a mini ball mount with an arca adapter on top of the gamin tripod and keep an arca plate on the xero so I can switch between the garmin tripod and the wiser nighthawk on a slik tripod if I need to make it taller.

Ill just break it down and store it in the 1050. I also have a pelican R40 that has more room if needed.

Ill mostly only use it for archery. Im not too concerned with the downrange stats. I set up and work on enough bows that the easy set up and not worrying about lighting and shooting through hoops etc will be nice to have in the arsenal. Not to mention it fits in a small pocket, backpack or desk drawer.

Not saying that this product exists.. But if it did, and i had some experience with it and the Shotview app I would likely post something on the day they became available. I would probably have a limited number of said product available too.
When will you have these back in stock? Definitely on my short list. Thanks.