Garmin Xero C1: new chronograph

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone else seen that Garmin is releasing a new chronograph this week? The app is already available.

I have seen a few reviews that it is super easy to use, even holding it while standing behind the shooter. I have one on order and hoping to get it in early November. I'll be posting up a review when I get it.

Gonna replace my magnetospeed with it.

TxLite

WKR
I’ve been watching it and thinking about doing the same as well so I can get data without worrying about poi shift.

My hangup with the labradar (haven’t used one) is the common complaints about difficulty of aiming and getting them to catch shots. If these garmin units work as well as they are hyped up to, I’ll likely make the switch from the v3.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most complaints about the Labradar are user error, IMO. I ran one for a year in most all the conditions people complained about.

Radar is easier than Magnetospeed, but the difference isn’t huge.I was doing less shooting so I sold it and went with the Magnetospeed for the last few years.

The Xero is priced right and sounds better than both. I shot my bayonet like an idiot, so I already needed to drop a couple hundred…

SloppyJ

WKR
In my experience with their marine products, if they bring something to market, it's normally pretty solid. I've purchased some of their high end freshwater equipment and it's generally solid. If there are problems, it's some of the best customer service I've experienced. If my budget allowed, I would be all over this.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm planning on picking one up to replace my magnetospeed just to avoid POI shifts and save me some time. From what I can tell it should be releasing tomorrow the 19th.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Not saying that this product exists.. But if it did, and i had some experience with it and the Shotview app I would likely post something on the day they became available. I would probably have a limited number of said product available too.
If this product did exist... is there some way one could preorder one of your limited number?

You can all thank me. I plunked down $$$ on a labradar so of course the next best thing gets released.

I'm also taking credit for the Rokstock since as soon as I bought the VG stockys committed to fast track the new design.

PM for Venmo donations and what you'd like me to buy next to spur new products.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sounds like a call to S&S would be fruitful…

I already hypothetically talked with a different hypothetical vendor about the possibility, otherwise I would maybe call.

If I thought there was anything to the rumors.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Just ordered one from your website! Really looking forward to the portability of this over the labradar.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the support guys.. Those went way faster than i expected. I did get the opportunity to use one last weekend.. Tested multiple rounds on multiple guns. Even tested my buddies 6.5cr with a can and without. Super easy to use, and the app makes it easy to organize.

I am expecting quite a few more in early November. And you can expect a full review and some video content in the next couple weeks.

Rob

slowelk

WKR
@hereinaz @S&S Archery (Rob)

I've used a magneto speed to this point, so I've never worried about the Shooter App input for "distance from chronograph". I assumed that was needed for a lab radar, which as I understood it, measured velocity some distance beyond the muzzle. What is the appropriate distance from chronograph measurement for this Garmin?

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@hereinaz @S&S Archery (Rob)

I've used a magneto speed to this point, so I've never worried about the Shooter App input for "distance from chronograph". I assumed that was needed for a lab radar, which as I understood it, measured velocity some distance beyond the muzzle. What is the appropriate distance from chronograph measurement for this Garmin?
I never used that feature in LR when I had it. I usually had the end of my suppressor within 12 inches of my LR, so I didn't pay attention at all.

Looks like the Garmin will be easier to set up and capture the bullet.