Garmin Xero C1: new chronograph

Geologist

FNG
I've skimmed this thread, and also read the online manual... does anyone know which velocity is reported? Is it muzzle velocity, average velocity over first 20 yards, or 20 yard velocity? The manual indicates a projectile must be able to travel at least 20 meters/yards for the system to work, suggesting that some sort of averaging is in play... just not sure if it back calculates to muzzle.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I've skimmed this thread, and also read the online manual... does anyone know which velocity is reported? Is it muzzle velocity, average velocity over first 20 yards, or 20 yard velocity? The manual indicates a projectile must be able to travel at least 20 meters/yards for the system to work, suggesting that some sort of averaging is in play... just not sure if it back calculates to muzzle.
Matched my MS almost exactly. MS is clearly muzzle. I suspect it’s picking up same or very close.

Got this ball head from Amazon, sioti Mx-20 that matches the base of the garmin tripod perfectly. For you ocd folks, even the knob matches the legs on the tripod. I’ll add an arca plate to the xero and a Leofoto dc-12 mini arca clamp to the ball head when it comes in so I can move it between the garmin tripod and wiser nighthawk on a slik 634 when needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4114.jpeg
    IMG_4114.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 57
Can one of you who already have theirs measure the length with the tripod attached and closed, as if youre going to store it?

Edit: @Meety Peety - what case is that, fits perfect.
Or sorry, I just saw this. Here is the case from Amazon. $8-$10 depending on color. It fits right into the top pouch of my Mystery Ranch Pintler even with a whole bunch of other stuff in the pocket. Really compact.

The Pelican 1060 and Evergreen 56 seem to fit pretty well if you want a hard case and/or have other accessories to put into it.

Not my picture, but here's what the Evergreen looks like with the Garmin, tripod and a rail.

Screenshot_20231103_170602_Discord.jpg

Here is is with the sioti Mx-20, arca plate and leofoto dc-12. Makes it a twist of a knob to move it to the wiser nighthawk.

Attachments

• IMG_4151.jpeg
    IMG_4151.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 48

amassi

WKR
I wouldn't expect them to go up in value...

Supply and demand- there’s a glut of supply for labradars right now.
Garmin software might be trash
They get recalled
Garmin gets canceled for being anti 2A et el.
Some users may prefer the labradar
Et el
Taking a 50% loss 2 weeks after the release of a competitor is not a good business decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supply and demand- there’s a glut of supply for labradars right now.
Garmin software might be trash
They get recalled
Garmin gets canceled for being anti 2A et el.
Some users may prefer the labradar
Et el
Taking a 50% loss 2 weeks after the release of a competitor is not a good business decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Browsing this site is not a good business decision!

Tahoe1305

WKR
Now I feel like that old bench rest shooter at the range with 3 totes of crap taking up 3 benches and needing absolute silence just to get my velocity.
I love those guys. I have to maneuver around all their ish to get anywhere.

Luked

WKR
Ill have one of these tomorrow also.
Will try and get a few shots with it this weekend. Not sure with deer season going on.
For the features it has being able to use it for bow and firearms has me sold.

khuber84

WKR
I took mine on its maiden voyage today, worked flawlessly, appeared to use about 15-20% battery in 2.5hr session. It was giving very close velocity to known loads that were developed on the labradar that's now been sold. I wasn't a huge fan of the included Tripod, so upgraded. Also built an arca rail mount for the chassis rifles. Everything fits in the evergreen 56 case very tightly, but once I start carrying an extra battery I'll likely have to get a 57 case.
20231108_143634.jpg20231108_143707.jpg20231108_144648.jpg20231108_150044.jpg

Last edited: