Gaiters

Another vote for the KUIU Yukons. I have the original pair and the Newer version. The Original pair has been through cactus in West Texas to alder bustin in Alaska. I don't go on a hunt without my Yukons strapped on They're still going strong but showing some slight wear. I have yet to try the newer pair but they'll be going with me to Alaska again next year.

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Rokslide Sponsor
We sell a ton of leg gaiters at T & K Hunting Gear. 100% USA sourced materials and sewn by local folks in our community in South Dakota. You will not get them for Made in China prices, but they are truly tanks and boast extreme durability with 1000D Cordura, 400D Packcloth, metal components, #10 zipper and velcro, and a stainless steel underwire. If you need longevity....these will last you season after season.

leg gaiters.jpeg

yfarm

WKR
Was wearing my OR crocs last year in Wy and guide had me take them off from the swish swish sound from the cordura and packcloth.
Suggested Kings 3 layer xpg. Shopped the market and ordered the Kings, no issues this year and much quieter. Quality product at reasonable price.
Had the same noise issue still hunting Nilgai in south Texas with Turtleskin snake gaiters, went back to a leather snake boot.

Last edited:
no complaints from SE Alaska wearing the Kuiu Yukons, Kennetrek gaiters, and First Lite Bramblers. Only rains 13 feet a year here, no typo.

gtriple

WKR
no complaints from SE Alaska wearing the Kuiu Yukons, Kennetrek gaiters, and First Lite Bramblers. Only rains 13 feet a year here, no typo.
Are the Kuiu and/or Kennetrek gaiters better built than the First Lite? I broke a pair of FL Bramblers the first trip wearing them. Swapped them for a pair of Peax, which appear to be much better built.

gtriple

WKR
We sell a ton of leg gaiters at T & K Hunting Gear. 100% USA sourced materials and sewn by local folks in our community in South Dakota. You will not get them for Made in China prices, but they are truly tanks and boast extreme durability with 1000D Cordura, 400D Packcloth, metal components, #10 zipper and velcro, and a stainless steel underwire. If you need longevity....these will last you season after season.

View attachment 616097
I really like the adjustable lace-holder shown on these. Are they lined on the inside with a Goretex or other waterproof membrane?

Are the Kuiu and/or Kennetrek gaiters better built than the First Lite? I broke a pair of FL Bramblers the first trip wearing them. Swapped them for a pair of Peax, which appear to be much better built.
I would say they are a step up from the first lites! I’ve had great luck with the Kuiu & Kennetreks…Peax are an excellent choice as well! I forgot to mention those.

View attachment 616097
Glad I purchased these. I don’t think any other gaiters come close to these as far durability goes. They are legit!

TandKHunting

Rokslide Sponsor
Glad I purchased these. I don’t think any other gaiters come close to these as far durability goes. They are legit!
Thanks man! We are not a big "hype" brand, so I feel like we get overlooked a lot, but we have some super talented people on the sewing machines in South Dakota and invest a lot of money in the US components we use. Glad ya like em'!

TandKHunting

Rokslide Sponsor
I really like the adjustable lace-holder shown on these. Are they lined on the inside with a Goretex or other waterproof membrane?
They have a 400D Packcloth lining. 1000D Cordura on the outside. Between the two layers there isn't much ability for water to penetrate through the fabric. We have done some tests with putting water onto the outside of the gaiter and after an hour or two there was still no penetration.

McFarmer

FNG
I had two pairs of OR gaiters and they both fell apart. First pair on a mountain lion hunt and the second two days into a mule deer trip up in the mountains. My T&K gaiters have been bomb poof followed by my Kuiu’s.