Fudd?

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
Microsoft and Google....Nintendo, Sony.
I have tried to make my son the exception but social influencers have created an entire industry of hunters that seem to NEED a rangefinder, turrets(custom!), ballistics app, 'run' a clothing 'system' and apparently overland gear and amber fogs in traffic on your To***a are the new-gen requirements to be a successful hunter.
Let's not forget 1200yd shots with a bullet with a BC that MUST start with a 6 all uploaded to social media.
A Fudd would toss some dust to check wind and hunt their way in relying on a 200yd zero to make a clean kill inside of 300.
I think you are forgetting how many times Fudd missed Bugs.

CorbLand

WKR
Microsoft and Google....Nintendo, Sony.
I have tried to make my son the exception but social influencers have created an entire industry of hunters that seem to NEED a rangefinder, turrets(custom!), ballistics app, 'run' a clothing 'system' and apparently overland gear and amber fogs in traffic on your To***a are the new-gen requirements to be a successful hunter.
Let's not forget 1200yd shots with a bullet with a BC that MUST start with a 6 all uploaded to social media.
A Fudd would toss some dust to check wind and hunt their way in relying on a 200yd zero to make a clean kill inside of 300.
Humans use to wipe our asses with our hands but toilet paper is pretty ******* nice.

TaperPin

WKR
Thinking critically does not mean you have to change what you do given new information. It means that you can see the merits the other side. Think the .223 thread. I read most of it and still shoot a 7mag but I can see that a .223 can be effective at killing things. Doesnt mean that I have to sell the 7 and go to a .223.

Accepting new things doesnt mean that you have to adopt them yourself. If you like your BAR, have at it but you can also accept that ARs are just a modern version of that. Doesnt mean you have to sell your BAR to buy an AR.

A kid I worked with was all in to the tactical side of shooting. He had ARs with all matching colors, plate carriers, special holsters for everything, etc. Not my cup of tea, and not what I would spend my money on but it makes him happy and what he wants so its cool. Doesnt mean I have to join him.

Generally, one must be a critical thinker to accept new things and those that accept new things are generally critical thinkers.

Well said.

Humans use to wipe our asses with our hands but toilet paper is pretty ******* nice.
Which social influencer helped you learn that?....Or was it wisdom passed down from prior generations?
Do you have the toilet paper brand on a sticker on the back window of your T****a?

CorbLand

WKR
Which social influencer helped you learn that?....Or was it wisdom passed down from prior generations?
Do you have the toilet paper brand on a sticker on the back window of your T****a?
I dont know that I would classify the understanding of using toilet paper as wisdom...

I dont know that I would classify using toilet paper as wisdom...
I think there's a disconnect about the "wisdom" thing too. Most of what people knew about how firearms/bullets/ballistics worked in the 1980s was just flat out wrong. People who build on that "wisdom" are building on a foundation that is worse than nonexistent.

I think there's a disconnect about the "wisdom" thing too. Most of what people knew about how firearms/bullets/ballistics worked in the 1980s was just flat out wrong. People who build on that "wisdom" are building on a foundation that is worse than nonexistent.
John Voneida shot a perfect score of 100 with his group on July 8, 1995. These are the only 4 perfect scores ever shot in the 1000 yard benchrest club history.
Cavemen throwing rocks.
The SR71 was engineered in 1963.
Tell us more....

CorbLand

WKR
The problem with wisdom is that people think it is something you magically gain by simply managing to breath for a determined amount of time.

mt100gr.

WKR
Can we not spell out Toyota, now? Or is it a puzzle?? Could be Tacoma...🤔....shit, or Tundra....

John Voneida shot a perfect score of 100 with his group on July 8, 1995. These are the only 4 perfect scores ever shot in the 1000 yard benchrest club history.
Cavemen throwing rocks.
The SR71 was engineered in 1963.
Tell us more....
We're talking about hunters, who are not shooting 1000 yard benchrest competitions. And hunters on average as a community have historically been very uneducated on how bullets, external ballistics, terminal ballistics, firearms, and scopes work. Fudds just happen to be anti-learning when it comes to correcting those errors.

You need 1500 ft/lbs of energy to kill an elk
Your bullet is still rising at 100 yards
Match bullets blow up on game animals and can't be used
I'm 2" high at 75 yards how many clicks on my scope turret is that? Let me do the multiplication...

tradition_1024x1024.jpg

intunegp

WKR
We're talking about hunters, who are not shooting 1000 yard benchrest competitions. And hunters on average as a community have historically been very uneducated on how bullets, external ballistics, terminal ballistics, firearms, and scopes work. Fudds just happen to be anti-learning when it comes to correcting those errors.

You need 1500 ft/lbs of energy to kill an elk
Your bullet is still rising at 100 yards
Match bullets blow up on game animals and can't be used
I'm 2" high at 75 yards how many clicks on my scope turret is that? Let me do the multiplication...

tradition_1024x1024.jpg

The best part is how the article that he snipped that from begins by talking about how "there were very fancy rifles and scopes on display" at such events. Funny how the dudes in 1967 knew that modern tech of the day was better than what their granpappy was toting...