Fudd?

june-bug

FNG
Well then I guess I'm a Fudd. Will be 50 years old tomorrow and I have zero reason reason or interest to start hunting now with any of the "modern semi-auto “tactical” type firearms". My old Model 700 BDL's in .270 and 30-06 still kill the whitetails that I chase every fall just as dead as they did 30 years ago. I guess it's also a bit of a sentimental thing for me. That said, I do own and enjoy shooting the new stuff at the range or just out having fun varmint hunting etc.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Come on guys, he's a Warner Bros. loony tooney cartoon character. Shhh. be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits. Some guys here may resemble him. :)

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
See thats what I think of. Is a idiot hunter that never gets anything and is outsmarted by a silly rabbit.
I google the definition others have posted, but see it used in other ways but U always comeback to thar plump liitle fullah with a scattergun

TheTone

WKR
Well then I guess I'm a Fudd. Will be 50 years old tomorrow and I have zero reason reason or interest to start hunting now with any of the "modern semi-auto “tactical” type firearms". My old Model 700 BDL's in .270 and 30-06 still kill the whitetails that I chase every fall just as dead as they did 30 years ago. I guess it's also a bit of a sentimental thing for me. That said, I do own and enjoy shooting the new stuff at the range or just out having fun varmint hunting etc.
How dare you hunt with some old equipment and techniques. Don’t you know that stuff doesn’t work anymore? You probably shoot things at close range even…

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Only shoots Magnum cartridges. Fierce rifle. No ear pro. No rangefinder, just a 200 yd zero and hold six inches above their back. Vortex scope that's been boresighted by Cabela's. Kills three animals per tag due to gut shots and no effort to recover. Blames non-residents for pushing out all the trophy animals that used to hang out by the road. Couple beers at lunch at camp.

FLS

WKR
I’ll play.
A Fudd can find his way in and out without an I phone cause he can read a map and knows how to use a compass. Plus if he’s been there once he can remember how to get back. Hunts for the pure joy, doesn’t have an instagram acct. Doesnt have a hit list or name his food. Doesn’t need to dial or shoot match grade ammo for a 300 yd shot. Knows how to sharpen a knife. Doesn’t need a poll to decide what gun scope, ammo, clothes or boots to wear. Doesn’t call his underwear a “ base layer ” His clothes aren’t a “system”. Has been killing shit since before most of the cool kids were a tingling in their daddy’s shorts. Did everything your doing today with a 270 topped with a 3-9 scope wearing his work clothes carrying an old frame pack filled with beanie weenies and Budweiser. Instead of making fun of him maybe you should realize who’s shoulders you’re standing on.

Last edited:

intunegp

WKR
I’ll play.
A Fudd can find his way in and out without an I phone cause he can read a map and knows how to use a compass. Plus if he’s been there once he can remember how to get back. Hunts for the pure joy, doesn’t have an instagram acct. Doesnt have a hit list or name his food. Doesn’t need to dial or shoot match grade ammo for a 300 yd shot. Knows how to sharpen a knife. Doesn’t need a poll to decide what gun scope, ammo, clothes or boots to wear. Doesn’t call his underwear a “ base layer ” His clothes aren’t a “system”. Has been killing shit since before most of the cool kids were a tingling in their daddy’s shorts. Did everything your doing today with a 270 topped with a 3-9 scope wearing his work clothes carrying an old frame pack filled with beanie weenies and Budweiser. Instead of making fun of him maybe you should realize who’s shoulders you’re standing on.

I'll play too! A Fudd makes hunting and related tasks more complicated, less certain, less comfortable, and more time consuming because of his refusal to adapt, solely so he can sit on a self-constructed high horse and look down upon adopters of new innovations and technology for the sake of feeling superior to them because of how easy they have it. He thinks the next generation of hunters stands on his shoulders while not willing to adopt the equipment, techniques, or practices of the generations before him, thus making himself vastly hypocritical. He may even take to some new fangled computer forum to give the foolish young'ns a good what for.

CorbLand

WKR
The problem with any of these terms is that they start with a solid meaning behind them and then as pop culture catches on and starts using them, they lose their meaning because they get used for everything or everyone that disagrees with you.

The same thing happened to "snowflake," "Karen", "woke," etc.

To me a Fudd is someone that does one or any of things below
1. They disregard any modern advancements in firearms and its accessories. They disregard them not in the sense of, "I have used my XYZ for years and it works for me but that new ABC is pretty cool but I dont need/want it." Its more that anything they dont agree with or want is just stupid and so are you if you use it.
2. Their opinion of how knowledgeable you are is rooted in your age. If you are younger than X, well you have no idea what your talking about, even if you do know what your talking about.
3. "I support the second amendment but..."

Those three things make you a Fudd in my eyes.

I worked at a gun counter for 4 years and saw every walk of life come in. The most Fudd experience I ever had was a kid was going to buy an AR but didnt have a valid drivers license. He left and the guy next to him said "good, not sure why anyone would want to buy one of those anyways?" I responded with "Yea, I dont understand the allure to them but I do own one and they can be fun to play with and as an American, I have the right to bare arms." He snapped back "The only people that should be allowed to own them are cops and the military. The general public doesnt need one." I responded, "its the bill of rights, not needs." He said "They were designed for the military and the general public is not the military. If you want a semi auto rifle, go buy a BAR, we have had those forever." Honestly at first I thought he was joking but he was dead serious. I responded with "The BAR was also designed for and used extensively by the military as was the 30-06 so..." He walked away and went and complained about me to the manager.

That right there is a FUDD, in all caps.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
I'll play too! A Fudd makes hunting and related tasks more complicated, less certain, less comfortable, and more time consuming because of his refusal to adapt, solely so he can sit on a self-constructed high horse and look down upon adopters of new innovations and technology for the sake of feeling superior to them because of how easy they have it. He thinks the next generation of hunters stands on his shoulders while not willing to adopt the equipment, techniques, or practices of the generations before him, thus making himself vastly hypocritical. He may even take to some new fangled computer forum to give the foolish young'ns a good what for.
You damn near owed me a coffee and keyboard.

Last edited: