Freak's charged with felony

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a CDL driver, him arguing that he makes a living through hunting and therefore shouldn’t have his hunting privileges suspended is equivalent to me going and getting a DUI and arguing that since that is how I earn a living they should reinstate my driving privileges. There are lots of industries/career fields where the courts have no issue taking away your ability to earn a living if you screw up, why should hunting be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BINGO! And if you got a DUI I bet the punishment is probably worse than 2 years without hunting

Alrighty, it looks like the boy has been charged quite a few times, there does appear to be a pattern.

However, I’ll throw in a caveat, it’s not unheard of for prominent people to be targeted by biased enforcement officials. I’m not saying this is the most likey scenario, but I am saying a person should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. Another thing, the nature of the crime has to be part of the equation. Trying to wreck the boys revenue streams, before a serious conviction, reeks of all kinda nasty to me,

Again, If the boy did it, he should pay the penalty, whatever that is.
View attachment 534136View attachment 534137
If y’all don’t have time to watch the whole thing, just before 6:14:35 they discuss that it will be several incidents and you can see the orange man lose his hopes
Didn’t wear his flat brim to court?!!!

rclouse79

WKR
Muley Freak is a walking meme. Just not a funny one
I saw one on Facebook based on his resemblance to Carson Wentz. He pretty much is the Carson Wentz of YouTube hunters. I am pretty sure this post is going to get pulled, that is just down right mean.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
yeah I think we can all agree on that

I'd also add that the number of convictions need to part of the equation as well

yeah another thing we can all agree on
I think part of my annoyance has been an apparent glee by some in the young man’s fall, because he’s a “YouTuber”, some have a prejudice towards this modern medium.

Here’s the thing, I hate to see people hurt themselves or others, and I take no pleasure in observing the consequences of foolish/bad actions. I see the boy has kids and a wife, they will all suffer for his choices if proven guilty, that’s sad to me.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think part of my annoyance has been an apparent glee by some in the young man’s fall, because he’s a “YouTuber”, some have a prejudice towards this modern medium.

Here’s the thing, I hate to see people hurt themselves or others, and I take no pleasure in observing the consequences of foolish/bad actions. I see the boy has kids and a wife, they will all suffer for his choices if proven guilty, that’s sad to me.
If you ever met the man, you would totally understand the sentiment. One of his hunting buddies, who was instrumental in him hunting that particular ranch in Utah, just got his hunting privileges revoked for a long time. Birds of a feather...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider

The issue is not that he’s on YouTube. The issue is he’s a repeat offender, who also has repeatedly taken questionable shots at animals and has a channel that exposes many new hunters or non hunters to his unethical behavior. When people who know nothing or little about hunting see his videos, or these news articles it can cause them to view all hunters in a negative way. As hunters we need to police unethical behaviors within our ranks. Being glad that someone who has repeatedly trespassed got caught isn’t an awful thing. It’s being happy our justice system works and they will face consequences for their actions.

To be blunt it seems like you weighed in on this topic not knowing the full details. Now you’re trying to back track while maintaining that you were right. Yes his family will be negatively effected by this. But that’s his fault and he shouldn’t get a pass because of it.

Also he’s not a young man, he’s 36. That means he’s too old to be drafted and he’s old enough to be president.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, upon looking up the case it appears he won't be back in court til 5/12/23. Dangit. We'll have to put a countdown clock on the thread I guess

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Innocent people don't need or want to delay court dates. Safe bet he's guilty as he**. Gives him time to make up more evidence videos.

Last edited:

Mag_7s

WKR

I understand where you are coming from and see your point. I have played devils advocate here myself. We have all broken the law in some way or another, were human and second chances are mostly okay. Those second chances are now what defines us. The chances have been given and it appears tigers dont change their stripes. I believe in the criminal justice system....at least at the local level, and hope the truth prevails. What does irk me are those who pimp something I consider sacred for ego and self gain. This image hurts all of us. There are plenty of influers who are good, but are over shadowed by a small percentage who have painted a distaste in selfish acts to stay "on top".

Rich M

WKR

IMO, most responsible folks become more responsible when they have a wife and kids to support.

You think he’d stop poaching and play it straight for them.

I’m a CDL driver, him arguing that he makes a living through hunting and therefore shouldn’t have his hunting privileges suspended is equivalent to me going and getting a DUI and arguing that since that is how I earn a living they should reinstate my driving privileges. There are lots of industries/career fields where the courts have no issue taking away your ability to earn a living if you screw up, why should hunting be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s get one thing straight. A DUI and poaching are not even in the same universe!

I understand what you’re trying to say in the fact that if you severely screw up using your licensure you could lose said license.

But I’ve never seen poaching kill an entire family in the blink of an eye.

TSAMP

WKR
Let’s get one thing straight. A DUI and poaching are not even in the same universe!

I understand what you’re trying to say in the fact that if you severely screw up using your licensure you could lose said license.

But I’ve never seen poaching kill an entire family in the blink of an eye.
If something like that happened he would walk away with much more than only a DUI.

Nobodies trying to say DUI isn't bad. His comparisons still appropriate in my opinion. Man this thread sucked me in. Dangit.

BGnight

FNG
You are 100% wrong.
Railroad property is private and it is trespassing.
Only exceptions are a crossing at grade, and buying a ticket to ride a commuter train.

And at any time the RR has the ability to revoke.

Get caught on RR property with a firearm. I dare ya.
Railroad companies own all kinds of land checkerboarded with USFS. I'll most certainly trespass on it if I feel like it. And what's the big deal with a gun on railroad property? No one cares about railroads. Why do you care about railroads?

Railroad companies own all kinds of land checkerboarded with USFS. I'll most certainly trespass on it if I feel like it. And what's the big deal with a gun on railroad property? No one cares about railroads. Why do you care about railroads?
Interesting mental process. Why is it you feel like you can tresspass and violate RR site laws?

twall13

WKR
If I recall correctly, Ryan Calleghan got a citation for crossing railroad property while upland hunting with his dog. It may not be enforced where you are at, but that doesn't make it legal or okay to do.

BGnight

FNG
Interesting mental process. Why is it you feel like you can tresspass and violate RR site laws
The checkerboarded land is not located near any rail system and will never be used. It's useless land for them and for the public. Thus the problem with checkerboarding. If I had to cross a corner of RR land I wouldn't have any moral issues with it. I accept all consequences of trespassing. I just know when I trespass I: a/won't get caught or b/if I did it would be a non issue. It's simple math. Same reason I would shed hunt out of "season"...I know I can do it without consequences and it's not a moral issue for me even as a Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.