Fox Red Lab Puppy

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Dogs are great in general, so follow your heart.
We have a big 'ol male chocolate lab that is 2 years old. Got him from an Amish breeder in Pennsylvania, not sure if he ever gets any reds or not. I've never had such a friendly, devoted, smart dog.
If I could get one like him over and over again that would be great. I am definitely partial to Labs, they are just all around good family dogs, that are ready to please.

KurtR

WKR
What ever you do dont get a dog from the amish they are puppy mills do no health testing are a detriment to the breed and pretty much any dog they touch. They make the back yard breeders look good at least most of them care about their dogs in some fashion. I would stick with the litter your on the list for i see one of the stud dogs has one of the best yellows in history marathon man in the pedigree along with a bunch of other nice dogs. I see they have some dogs from the kennel i got mine from in their pedigrees also. If your interested you can go on here and check dogs out. https://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/index.asp

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
What ever you do dont get a dog from the amish they are puppy mills do no health testing are a detriment to the breed and pretty much any dog they touch. They make the back yard breeders look good at least most of them care about their dogs in some fashion. I would stick with the litter your on the list for i see one of the stud dogs has one of the best yellows in history marathon man in the pedigree along with a bunch of other nice dogs. I see they have some dogs from the kennel i got mine from in their pedigrees also. If your interested you can go on here and check dogs out. https://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/index.asp
That’s helpful I appreciate it!

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Glad we got ours nuetered then.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Closing the loop. Remi(ngton) has been a good pup thus far. Turns 4 months this week.

Thanks for the assists!

Attachments

• 07BA7B7D-E706-4A2C-91F1-A416D6152B2C.jpeg
    07BA7B7D-E706-4A2C-91F1-A416D6152B2C.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 36
  • A66A5D1D-25AC-4C32-80BA-8D7DDCE70598.jpeg
    A66A5D1D-25AC-4C32-80BA-8D7DDCE70598.jpeg
    627.6 KB · Views: 36

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yellow, chocolate, black. That's the standard for Labs. I've never actually held a genetic test in my hand, but I've read that Silver Labs have Weimaraner in them for the color. That also means you're getting Weimaraner traits. I'm assuming the same logic applies to any other color "Labrador" outside of the standard. Not saying those can't be fantastic dogs, but if you want a Labrador for its Labrador traits, go to a breeder that adheres to the standard.
Not true. They have a recessive gene that is a subset of chocolate. If you register one it gets registered as chocolate and not silver. Complete urban legend about weimaraner being the reason for the color.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Not true. They have a recessive gene that is a subset of chocolate. If you register one it gets registered as chocolate and not silver. Complete urban legend about weimaraner being the reason for the color.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well if we go back to where the first "silver labs" were marketed at Kellogg kennels not to far from where i grew up there may have been a weim involved. Its also where the pointing lab was first discovered quite a coincidence... But even at that its a gene that should not be reproduced for the fact they have major health problems. Akc is a horse shit registration thats means little to nothing these days its a money grab as they have little to no standards that are up held. Ukc makes you send pictures in and will not let you register a lab with the designer colors at least they have a little back bone. For every story you hear about a great silver you get 10 about one with hair falling out and that couldnt find a bird in a chicken coop. Silver guys like to chirp till its time to step to the line and prove any thing.