Ford-150 Tremor Feedback

Strongly looking at a 2023 Tremor.
Any positive/negative experiences with the Tremor.
I have a Tundra but I'm not impressed with the latest generation.

Thanks

Agree with Afhunter2 if you have compensation issues, if not the Tremor is great. Have had one for 1.5 years and love it. The ride is good, off road capabilities are good, towing capabilities not as good. Horrible rake but I lowered the rear a bit and it’s fine. I also looked at the Tundra but tech was not up to date.

Agree with Afhunter2 if you have compensation issues, if not the Tremor is great. Have had one for 1.5 years and love it. The ride is good, off road capabilities are good, towing capabilities not as good. Horrible rake but I lowered the rear a bit and it’s fine. I also looked at the Tundra but tech was not up to date.
I use for camping, hunting, BLM land, forest roads.
Will add level kit on front.
I don't tow anything.

Sound like it might be a good fit. Tundra limited I looked at today didn't seem on par with the Tremor.

I have a ‘21 XLT screw 6.5 bed and I’m thinking of selling and getting the tremor. The 6.5 bed 157 wheelbase is too long and all the non tremor/Raptor trucks have a low front end. Super happy with my truck but the tremor sounds perfect. I think you’ll be super happy with the tremor.

I have a '21 Ranger Tremor
I don't off road, especially in a brand new truck. I didn't need a tremor, I bought more for the cool factor, and if I do any trail running this will do all I want it to do.
1" lift is enough for me.
The terrain management is pretty cool. You can dial a specific terrain and the truck preforms to it.
Suspension components are supposedly stronger.
Fake leather seats which are perfect for me.
Factory switch panel
Ford does it right with the locking rear diff, it will engage in 2wd and 4h and 4l.
I think each Ford model tremor has different offerings, i.e what parts they put in them.
Now the shitty part, Ford is deleting the tremor from the Ranger for 2024 on as they are releasing the Raptor which looks pretty cool for a $56,000.00 mid size truck. Yet they are keeping the Tremor in the rest of the F series and Maverick.

If you do buy a tremor look for one with the $500 option torsen front diff. I don’t know why Ford doesn’t build all of them with this but I wouldn’t buy one without it.

I found the opposite. I have always been an F-150 guy, but after looking at all options, I recently bought another brand and have no regrets leaving ford. I loved the 3.5 ecoboost engine, but I was sick of constant warrant work and dealing with ford's service dept. Ford quality has also become nearly as bad as GM. In fact, Consumer Reports listed the F150 as a "do not buy" and the powerboost hybrid as the #1 least reliable vehicle of any car or truck. I would look at other trucks, and IMO, the Tremor package is more about graphics. You would get a better off-road truck by looking at an xlt or lariat and adding Elka or Dobinsons suspension and better tires.

Agreed on quality and build. I've got this weird transmission, drive line shake, vibration, shudder, etc, etc.
This is a known issue with the 10 speed in the ranger.
Its a cool truck, and the fuel MPG's are out of sight, (24-25).
Should have just went Jeep just to say I did or back to a Tacoma, both are all I saw out west at the parks. Jeep quality can't be that bad as 90% of Moab was in them and off the road.

For how much they cost with any options, you might as well jump up to a base raptor IMO over a decently optioned tremor.

That’s the predicament I’m currently in. I’m probably going to end up in a 2020 raptor and get a long extended warranty from flood ford.

I should add that my current truck is an 18 F150 with the 10 speed and I absolutely love that combo and have had zero issues. It’s available in the tremor if you want to avoid cam phasers all together (or throw a supercharger on it)

10 speed tranny in the f150s is a complete POS! My 2013 6 speed drives a million times better than my 2021 work truck. Hate that transmission with a passion!

Mine had to get one update at the dealership when it was probably 18 months old that fixed a rough 4-5 shift and it has been great since then. I somehow left out that my truck has the 5.0 and ten speed combo which seem to work well for me. If I got the tremor I would probably go with the 5.0 again. The pre 10 speed trucks just feel like dogs compared to the newer ones.

I currently own a 23 150 Tremor, awesome truck. Ford has advanced options, technology and the Powerboost is awesome. Mine has the B&O Unleashed and the moonroof. I have had a couple F150‘s and never a problem. You’ll love it.

Attachments

• IMG_4866.jpeg
    IMG_4866.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 75
All great feed back.

Thoughts on Ford reliability long-term? 10-15 years down the road. I keep my trucks a long
time. I was impressed with the features on the Tremor but reliability trumps all. I can't find a lot of information on Tremor reliability/recalls ect.

TBO, never owned a Ford. My 2010 Tundra, besides a cv boot seal issue (this year), has been extremely reliable. My son is getting my Tundra and this is the only reason I'm in the market for a new truck.

Anyone else think the 10 speed transmission is a POS? I test drove the Tremor today and it seemed very smooth. Cruising speed up to 83 mph.

If you do buy a tremor look for one with the $500 option torsen front diff. I don’t know why Ford doesn’t build all of them with this but I wouldn’t buy one without it.
Please educate me re benefit. For my needs forest roads, BLM roads, camping, etc., is this necessary? My SR5 has standard 4WD and seems fine.

I have several F150 work trucks, driven hard every weekday, no Issues, all have high miles, but regular maintenance. cant Say that about the other brands in our fleet. The Ford handles smooth and nimble, I test drove several other trucks before the tremor but nothing felt as good, interiors felt awkward.

All great feed back.

Thoughts on Ford reliability long-term? 10-15 years down the road. I keep my trucks a long
time. I was impressed with the features on the Tremor but reliability trumps all. I can't find a lot of information on Tremor reliability/recalls ect.

TBO, never owned a Ford. My 2010 Tundra, besides a cv boot seal issue (this year), has been extremely reliable. My son is getting my Tundra and this is the only reason I'm in the market for a new truck.

Anyone else think the 10 speed transmission is a POS? I test drove the Tremor today and it seemed very smooth. Cruising speed up to 83 mph.
Hopefully they done some shift point updates or something on these newer models. I've talked to many techs and sales people at our local dealership that were not fans of the transmission either. But if it drove nice for you, that's a good start! I tried to get my dealership to reflash the trans computer and they said it didn't need it. I don't believe them but oh well. Good thing it's a work truck.

Back