Football fans???

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Well, they got to him fast, so that's a plus. No use speculating....we can only hope he can recover.

Randy

sneaky

"DADDY"
Pure speculation to guess at this point, but there's been a lot of athletes collapsing the last year or so. Prayers for him and his family.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Symptoms

A person who suffers commotio cordis will collapse and be unresponsive following a blow to the chest. A pulse will not be felt and the person may not be breathing. Sometimes there will be jerking movements in the arms and legs, but this should not be confused with a seizure.

Pure speculation to guess at this point, but there's been a lot of athletes collapsing the last year or so. Prayers for him and his family.

Symptoms

A person who suffers commotio cordis will collapse and be unresponsive following a blow to the chest. A pulse will not be felt and the person may not be breathing. Sometimes there will be jerking movements in the arms and legs, but this should not be confused with a seizure.

so you go from vax conspiracy to traumatic injury in two comments. You gotta stay consistent.

sneaky

"DADDY"
so you go from vax conspiracy to traumatic injury in two comments. You gotta stay consistent.
I never said anything about the vax, but if you wanna get your exercise from jumping to conclusions then strap your skechers on and get to hopping. There's several doctors associated with UC medical center that have stated that's what the diagnosis was. Is it right? Don't know. Wrong? Don't know that either. Just know that 10-15 people a year die from it, mostly baseball players from being hit in the chest with baseballs. Once you read what it is, it lines up with what happened to him. Hard tackle, blow to the chest, then collapsed and in cardiac arrest.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Commotio cordis is a phenomenon in which a sudden blunt impact to the chest causes sudden death in the absence of cardiac damage.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Do know that he had immediate medical attention, CPR, and defibrillator on the field. Most people aren't that lucky to have that kind of prompt medical attention.

Shraggs

WKR
Thought maybe sudden heart attack, but hopefully Commotio cordis is correct and with the quick intervention will be a good outcome!

Definitely praying for him…

Praying for this young man to be able to live life after this terrible incident. Sorry for his brothers on the field that saw this and have to continue to play ball soon.