Follow up shots for wabbits

I shot a rabbit the other day with a 6mm air sniper rifle that goes 500 fps+. BB traveled around 20m, hit center mass and rabbit bolted away. Any tips for going after it or follow up shots?

Taudisio

WKR
It probably did not penetrate the skin. Get yourself a pellet gun 600+fps. A wrist rocket works too.

Just out of curiosity, what grain .20?
Have you had it over a chronograph?

OP
green river
BB was shot from an air gun so no grains. No, i did not have it over a chronograph.

Taudisio

WKR
BB was shot from an air gun so no grains. No, i did not have it over a chronograph.
You can and should definitely shoot heavier BBs in an airsoft gun. .20’s are standard and sting, .40’s are typical in “sniper rifles” and you can definitely feel the difference.

I assume you are a youth, get a pellet gun for shooting backyard critters. I first started getting them with a daisy 880 which has ample power for rabbits.

yfarm

WKR
Years ago bought a chinese .177 air rifle at a gun show for $19.95, put a chinese scope on it as well. Had rabbits digging nests in the backyard, wife and a friend were having coffee in the kitchen, looking out over the backyard , saw a rabbit leap straight up about 2 feet and fall back seized and died. Wife says he must be at it with pellet gun. 25 yd head shot, that cheap one stroke rifle has killed rabbits, squirrels, land crabs and chased a lot of raccoons out of yards in the midwest and texas. Best $19.95 I ever spent. Sell now on ebay for about $80. Scopes are still cheap at $25.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
green river
cool i am thinking of getting the daisy 880 as suggested by Taudisio. looks like good price for its value

Scoot

WKR
I shot a lot of rabbits with a Daisy 880 when I was a kid. ...and squirrels, birds, and just about everything else. That's a far better option than you are currently using.