FN510 vs Sig XTen

treillw

WKR
Going back and forth between these two. I like the trigger better on the 510. I like the grip and feel of the xten better, but I hate where the slide release lever is. I'm tempted to cut it off, as I'm sure my support hand will accidentally lock the slide back.

I want the gun for woods defense - shooting hot wide flat nose hardcast, 200 or 220 grain.

The more I read online about them, the more I don't want either of them. Many people talk of feeding issues with the sig with hot and heavy hardcast. Also seeing lots about bulged cases on the FN with hot loads. I intend to reload for the gun and don't want once and done brass.

Any feedback from you guys who are probably using them for the same thing as I intend to?

Thanks!

Have had both and got rid of the SIG. It's won't reliably feed heavy rounds. Lots of others have had the same. Magazine dimensions are just too tight for heavy (over 200 grain) rounds when you have a full mag.

FN510 is a wonderful gun and has been rock solid or me, as has the Glock 20 gen 5. Never noticed case bulge, but I don't reload for 10mm so not sure.

Wife has the mini XDm and used to have a full size as well. Of the 6+ 10mms I've shot, the FN is my favorite.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Have had both and got rid of the SIG. It's won't reliably feed heavy rounds. Lots of others have had the same. Magazine dimensions are just too tight for heavy (over 200 grain) rounds when you have a full mag.

FN510 is a wonderful gun and has been rock solid or me, as has the Glock 20 gen 5. Never noticed case bulge, but I don't reload for 10mm so not sure.

Wife has the mini XDm and used to have a full size as well. Of the 6+ 10mms I've shot, the FN is my favorite.

Well, if the sig won't feed what I want it to eat, I guess it's an easy decision.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I wished it would... I like the pistol otherwise especially the comp version.

What bear ammo have you been shooting out of the FN? If you still have it and don't mind, could you take a look at the brass and see if it's bulged at all?

Thanks!

IDVortex

WKR
Before I was content on taking my 9mm for a woods gun I was really eyeing the Springfields, know a couple people with them, and not a single complaint. I love FN, and looked at them, but I'm still waiting to see if they'll get the bugs worked out in those. I'd take the FN over anything. But the reliability of them is the only reason I didn't decide to do it. Choice would be Springfield, Glock, FN. (Hate glocks, so it's depressing that they're ahead of FN.)

What bear ammo have you been shooting out of the FN? If you still have it and don't mind, could you take a look at the brass and see if it's bulged at all?

Thanks!
Buffalo bore 220 hardcast or Underwood 200 hardcast. I'll look around but I'm not sure I have any.

Before I was content on taking my 9mm for a woods gun I was really eyeing the Springfields, know a couple people with them, and not a single complaint. I love FN, and looked at them, but I'm still waiting to see if they'll get the bugs worked out in those. I'd take the FN over anything. But the reliability of them is the only reason I didn't decide to do it. Choice would be Springfield, Glock, FN. (Hate glocks, so it's depressing that they're ahead of FN.)
What are you seeing/hearing with FN? Curious as a lot of the vids I have seen and my experience has been very positive. Prolly 500 rounds through mine with a few hundred hardcast.

IDVortex

WKR
What are you seeing/hearing with FN? Curious as a lot of the vids I have seen and my experience has been very positive. Prolly 500 rounds through mine with a few hundred hardcast.

What bugs specifically were you seeing in the FN? Did you mean sig by chance?
I'm a dumb dumb, looking back and trying to find what I was talking about. I meant Sig. No clue why I had it in my mind it was FN. (Never trust anyone online. )